lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
jerryrdeaL1
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo hei conversion

My 1987 ezgo 244 2 cycle would not run so i borrowed an igniter from a freinds 88 ezgo and it started right up. Not wanting to spend 120.00 to get new igniter i found your website discussing hei conversion so after locating your diagram on hookup i bought a module for a 1976 gm 1/2 ton p/u with 350 it still wont produce spark with new module do I need coil also
jerryrdeaL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo hei conversion

i borrowed an igniter from a freinds 88 ezgo and it started right up. Not wanting to spend 120.00 to get new igniter i found your website discussing hei conversion so after locating your diagram on hookup i bought a module for a 1976 gm 1/2 ton p/u with 350 it still wont produce spark

id say spend $120.00 how much was the module? just that much closer to the right part. maybe try a golf cart rental company, they usually have quite a few old parts laying around
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
jerryrdeaL1
Not Yet Wild

tguellich/ ive done the conversion with coil just like ruredy described in his diagram and still have no spark i checked ohms resistance on my 1987 ezgo against the resistance of a freinds 88 and they were the same so i took his ignitor off and put on mine it started right up again i want to do the conversion so if you could the best you can reply with the way yours is wired i would appreciate it thanks
jerryrdeaL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Get an ignitor from a chain saw, weedeater or blower. Older style Echo, Stihl and weedeater brand uses the external ignitor and alot cheaper.
I have one from a $3.00 yard sale string trimmer that I soldered two wires and Alligator clips on to use for testing.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
zzorrozua
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did the conversion and it worked great. Sounds like you may still be looking for the real problem... Good luck.
zzorrozua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrdeaL1 View Post
tguellich/ ive done the conversion with coil just like ruredy described in his diagram and still have no spark i checked ohms resistance on my 1987 ezgo against the resistance of a freinds 88 and they were the same so i took his ignitor off and put on mine it started right up again i want to do the conversion so if you could the best you can reply with the way yours is wired i would appreciate it thanks
I just followed the diagram exactly as they had it in the tech section (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html). Make certain you have a really good ground under the HEI. I scraped away all the paint and used dielectric grease between the frame and the module.

Your problem may be the wiring diagram itself. The actual HEI module wiring diagram on this site is a bit confusing. There are 5 wires going to the module, 1 to each of the four lettered tabs, and a black ground wire goes between the module and the frame as another ground. Here is a picture of mine for you to see. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...onversion.html I also switched the two pulsar coil wires as others have had to do.

I hope this helps you iron out the problems, I think this is absolutely the best thing you can do for power and performance on these old turds.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those modules are only 20.00 bucks. I would definitely switch it to the hei.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
still wont run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO