lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Powder Coating?

Not that important just wanted to know if anyone had an idea off the top of their head how much it would be to powder coat the roof supports and all the parts that make up the front/backseat brackets and rear step. Just spent three days painting/sanding painting/sanding with all this dag on rain/humidity and might have been easier/nicer to do that. Still have two more wheels to polish and clean just a little more under her and she'll be spotless. Will post more pics when I'm done tomorrow.
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
HDRyder
Flirtin' with Disaster

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powder Coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxguy13 View Post
Not that important just wanted to know if anyone had an idea off the top of their head how much it would be to powder coat the roof supports and all the parts that make up the front/backseat brackets and rear step.
I don't have a lid on my cart but I did get all the front/rear seat metal and rear step/platform done and it was $175....
HDRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder View Post
I don't have a lid on my cart but I did get all the front/rear seat metal and rear step/platform done and it was $175....
Cool thanks. Had no clue how much it could be. That's not too bad...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All depends on who you use. Of course, I have a guy that powders all my stuff and get a good deal. I really like the newer "wrinkle" finishes they have available now...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Eastwood has some powdercoat kits that work real good for smaller parts you can fit in ovens but you can't do something that big unless you have an oven large enough or use heat lamps. I've used their kits and the finish is just as good as a pro if you prep it right. The key to it is prep work, if you can't blast it and get it clean it'll look like crap no matter what. They make heat lamps for larger parts but I'm not to sure how that would work...just doesn't seem to look right to me. You might be able to buy new bars for what it cost to powdercoat them unless you want a color change. Worth a look.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I work with an excellent powder coater that gives us a good deal on our golf cart accessories. They have a $100 minimum to use the oven regardless of the part size, so it's always better to do more at one time. Your stuff would need sandblasted too but the powder coating side shouldn't be over $80.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Mine was $100. There's pics in my albums.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

OK thanks. Think I'll take the cart by a place around here and show them what I want done and see how much they'll charge. If it's not too much maybe I'll get it done. Humidity kinda kicked my tail with the painting. Sure most people would think it's fine, but when I do something it has to be right. Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO