lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Going to look at a g2 today

I am looking at a g2 thats not running. The guy says it needs a new ignitor. He is asking $400 for it would that be too much? My friend has a g9 that I can swap parts to see if I could get it going but It looks as though the ignitors on a g2 and a g9 are different. I guess I am just wondering if it would be a good price even if I run into more problems?
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default Re: Going to look at a g2 today

That doesn't sound like too bad of a deal. It just depends on the overall condition of the cart. Does the seller know 100% it's the ignitor or is he just guessing? I think it is worth checking out for sure.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

No G2 and G9 ignitors are not interchangable. You've been around enough to know if it is a "solid" car. Make shure the engine has compression and all the parts are there. If we can help, let us know. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Will it still turn over with a bad igniter to check the compression? I dont know if he is 100% sure that it is the ignitor
Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Should turn over, just not fire.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Should turn over, just not fire.
Yup You can check for good grounds and things like that as well. Lots of easy things to check before you start changing parts, but you probably already know that.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Very likely it just might be a bad spark plug. NGK's are notorious for getting soaked and fowling out. They are usually no good after they fowl. And it could also be a bad coil.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I went and looked at it it was a P.O.S. it needed the ignitor because it was missing looked like it was missing some wiring too the motor was in pieces which the guy never told me. And it had a really nice paint job with spray paint that got all over the steering wheel the floor and the seat and the rocker panels also it had a good amount of rust if he was asking $100 I might have taken it.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadawg27 View Post
I went and looked at it it was a P.O.S. it needed the ignitor because it was missing looked like it was missing some wiring too the motor was in pieces which the guy never told me. And it had a really nice paint job with spray paint that got all over the steering wheel the floor and the seat and the rocker panels also it had a good amount of rust if he was asking $100 I might have taken it.
That wasted your morning. Amazing how some people will advertise just to get you out there to find big piece of crap. Had that happen to me with a truck one time. The guy said it was a-one shape and he wouldn't be afraid to drive it to CA. Got there and the whole inside of the bed was rusted out and gone. You could see the ground.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Well I guess he was right it definately needed an ignitor along with a few other things by the sounds of it. Sorry it ended up being a waste of your time. That is a bummer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha