lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Bolt Energy Lithium Batteries

Just bought a 2022 Yamaha UMAX Rally 2+2. Last cart was a 2006 GEM E4 with sealed batteries. Don't want to deal with the lead acid batteries in the Yamaha. Getting ready to purchase either Roypow or EcoBattery. Both look good. But I noticed what appears to be a newer company, Bolt Energy out of Florida. Very little internet info. available other than their Facebook page. Their Lithium bundle for 51V 105ah looks pretty good. They appear to be related to Cruising Carts also out of Florida which seems to get pretty good reviews. I'm hesitant to buy from an unproved company. Anyone have any feedback?
Reliableone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2023, 01:48 PM   #2
IM4MOPAR
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bolt Energy Lithium Batteries

just saw them myself, they have some impressive battery specs. the reviews are good, just not very many. I'm from Fla, just other end of the state to check them out, there's a dealer about 45 minutes from me, I'm going to make a trip over to check them out.
IM4MOPAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:43 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You want to pick a company that might be around in several years to honor their warranty.
I would go with ECO based on my experience with their batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:47 AM   #4
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the responses. I went with Ecobattery. Very happy with the result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1344.jpg (166.9 KB, 0 views)
Reliableone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:36 AM   #5
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Excellent choice.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:15 AM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

For people considering new battery companies just look into how that went for people with the Extreame Team Batteries
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:17 AM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
For people considering new battery companies just look into how that went for people with the Extreame Team Batteries
I get what your saying but at the same time.... Do you really think there wont be more good options coming out? This competition should/will help make things more competitive?
I mean if we all just kept driving Stanley Steamers and never gave Ford,Chevrolet and the Dodge brothers the chance imagine how limited our options would be today... That said yeah.. Research helps and there might be some risk but just as often with risk comes reward.. If folks like IM4mopar are willing to make an effort to check into it and report back im all for it...

I mean he could be an employee for Bolt sure, Thats the kind of stunt the Uno folks tried to pull here posing as customers and potential customers so anything is possible I guess, but we still learned things from the event. And that in itself doesnt necessarily play into whether its a good or bad product. They may genuinely believe in the product they are marketing and may have just made an error in judgement on how best to market it.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:38 AM   #8
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Exactly that. Research companies claims and the warranty is only good as long as the company is in business. Sometimes even then it isn't true.

Some people are willing to risk their money on something new sure but you and I both know that and the end of the day a battery pack from company xyz and abc likely will be using a select option of cells at its heart and the difference in cost will be what comes with the battery, the quality of the bms, and the quality of the build of the battery. So if a new player comes to the game claiming wild output numbers or crazy cheap prices its likely too good to be true, not sustainable, combination of the two.

*EDIT* Looking at the battery construction alone it looks to be built from the surface very similarly to the roypow. The included accessories look like much cheaper already available options just rebranded and colored to match their color.

https://boltenergyusa.com/product/bo...proof-charger/

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I get what your saying but at the same time.... Do you really think there wont be more good options coming out? This competition should/will help make things more competitive?
I mean if we all just kept driving Stanley Steamers and never gave Ford,Chevrolet and the Dodge brothers the chance imagine how limited our options would be today... That said yeah.. Research helps and there might be some risk but just as often with risk comes reward.. If folks like IM4mopar are willing to make an effort to check into it and report back im all for it...

I mean he could be an employee for Bolt sure, Thats the kind of stunt the Uno folks tried to pull here posing as customers and potential customers so anything is possible I guess, but we still learned things from the event. And that in itself doesnt necessarily play into whether its a good or bad product. They may genuinely believe in the product they are marketing and may have just made an error in judgement on how best to market it.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:00 AM   #9
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Exactly that. Research companies claims and the warranty is only good as long as the company is in business. Sometimes even then it isn't true.

Some people are willing to risk their money on something new sure but you and I both know that and the end of the day a battery pack from company xyz and abc likely will be using a select option of cells at its heart and the difference in cost will be what comes with the battery, the quality of the bms, and the quality of the build of the battery. So if a new player comes to the game claiming wild output numbers or crazy cheap prices its likely too good to be true, not sustainable, combination of the two.

*EDIT* Looking at the battery construction alone it looks to be built from the surface very similarly to the roypow. The included accessories look like much cheaper already available options just rebranded and colored to match their color.

https://boltenergyusa.com/product/bo...proof-charger/
To me the eco battery case is also very similar to the roypow...

I dont disagree with what your saying but I will point out a "manufacturer" can buy grade A automotive certified cells and build a 105ah pack with a good bms and case for less than $1200 in material costs.. That currently leaves a lot of room for markup and covering overhead... The bigger the company gets, the more marketing they do, along with the better warranty policy, the more those costs go up and the more their product will cost the consumer..

I believe I read the company that makes the battery you just bought was using grade "b" cells themselves a couple years ago.. The reality is it would be very hard for us to know what they are or arent doing as grade b cells often perform just as well for many applications and were rejected from automotive use for a variety of reasons.

I see the same generic design solenoids and chinese chargers as practically all the others are offering.. Honestly the fact that its a different color means its being specifically made for bolt if anything.. The voltage reducer for example which is typically blue, is a more expensive design voltage reducer. the solenoid looks to have extra attention with jacketed coil wires and it does have a seal under that top cover which many of the cheaper knock off do not have. A person would have to disassemble a bit to know more though. .. But already I see a much better thought out process and a larger investment made by Bolt than I saw with extreme team. I have no experience with them personally and I'm not claiming based on my first impressions they match Eco for example in every criteria but I do think they are an option worth considering and checking into. Afterall different folks have different priorities with such things.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:24 PM   #10
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

@Augiedoggy, A $1200 materials cost battery will at least double in cost by the time it gets to the consumer, even more if there’s a dealer involved. Businesses have costs which need to be added to each battery. Only after these costs are added to the battery material cost is the true profit known, and it’s not the ‘huge markups” you think. We’ve had this discussion here before so I won’t labour on it further.

Also, agree that there’s nothing wrong with using B grade cells for carts, as long as they’re new.

UNO battery’s marketing department (if they even have one) is very shonky. First they make outlandish claims on their website in regard to performance, then come on here to argue the point and push their product, masquerading as customers. Did they really think that everyone here is that ignorant as to swallow their claims?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha