lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #21
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 ezgo body and cowl question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Looks great. Rare to see a white cart that’s actually white. Nice job!
Thanks, its white for sure. Toyota calls this super white and they are correct.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2022, 07:41 AM   #22
ThisGuyBuilds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I didn’t like the original halogen lights so I replaced them with some leds that are a lot brighter. I designed and 3D printed a bracket so they mounted to the original hardware and are adjustable up and down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ThisGuyBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:59 AM   #23
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Definitely looking good now Trig. Makes me want to dig one out of storage and start a new build.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:15 AM   #24
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Definitely looking good now Trig. Makes me want to dig one out of storage and start a new build.
Thanks Cartmaster. I am looking at some 10 inch wheels and tires. What you think ? Cart tires on there now are just ok. I really don't want to lift this one and can put these on without lifting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tires.jpg (93.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-15-2022, 08:18 AM   #25
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I think it would look way better, but if you are flipping it, maybe leave the choice to the buyer? If you are keeping it then its your choice LOL
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:31 AM   #26
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That is the size I used and I love the look and ride. Mine is also a 2003
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carta.jpg (264.9 KB, 0 views)
cbdeese61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 08:37 AM   #27
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I think it would look way better, but if you are flipping it, maybe leave the choice to the buyer? If you are keeping it then its your choice LOL
Who knows what I am going to do with it. Looks like I just keep everything looking around in my basement
I have only sold one cart in three years and really didn't want to sell it.
I am starting on another one this week. Already have the body and cowl painted super white. This one is that sparky I had mentioned to you about removing the motor to check the brushes. Good old series cart .

I also got another 2003 gas cart with no engine but I got a spare or two or three lol shift cable with the hardware has been taken off it. A person just give it to me this year for some work I did for him.

Its also sitting waiting on me to do something with it. I got to stay busy. Right now I am doing the plumbing in my shop. I don't sit down very long.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:44 AM   #28
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeese61 View Post
That is the size I used and I love the look and ride. Mine is also a 2003
I love that cart. Did you buy that black top or paint it ? The wheels and tires are very nice also. Love the color of cart. Is that a PDS cart ?. I have one of those also but need a motor and controller for it. Mine is a 2007 with no rust.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #29
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I love that cart. Did you buy that black top or paint it ? The wheels and tires are very nice also. Love the color of cart. Is that a PDS cart ?. I have one of those also but need a motor and controller for it. Mine is a 2007 with no rust.
It is a series cart. I painted the roof with Krylon Fusion Satin Black along with everything else black on the cart and it is holding up great after 2 years. I also went with an auto color for the body.....Toyota Cement is what they call it. I have pretty much rebuilt it completely. New SR48500 controller and upgraded to 48v, SW202 reversing contactor, Plum quick Demon (getting over 30 mph with great torque), new wiring front to back, new LED lights....and more I am probably forgetting. I had so much fun doing it I want to do another but cannot find one cheap enough to think about.
cbdeese61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:07 AM   #30
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeese61 View Post
It is a series cart. I painted the roof with Krylon Fusion Satin Black along with everything else black on the cart and it is holding up great after 2 years. I also went with an auto color for the body.....Toyota Cement is what they call it. I have pretty much rebuilt it completely. New SR48500 controller and upgraded to 48v, SW202 reversing contactor, Plum quick Demon (getting over 30 mph with great torque), new wiring front to back, new LED lights....and more I am probably forgetting. I had so much fun doing it I want to do another but cannot find one cheap enough to think about.
I knew that paint looks familiar because I have Toyota's and I belong to tacomaworld.com and I am always looking at truck colors.
I have a 2009 TRD sport ( super white ) and just used the paint code off it. Had an a person at an ezgo dealer tell me not to paint it super white when I was trying to find what ezgo used on their white carts. He said it wouldn't look good. I like my truck plus it was my cart so I painted it super white.
I don't know much about electric carts but am learning. I assume when you upgraded you reversing contactor you eliminate the shifter ?
I bought several carts back before everything went up just because I am retired and needed something to do. One was give to me this year.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center