lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default 2003 ezgo body and cowl question

Is there a replacement light that will bolt or rivet right on in the place of these ? I am wanting to use LED's instead ? 2003 ezgo body that has both headlights and tail lights cut out already and lights do work.

I don't have a clue what brand these are but from looking online they all seem to look about the same.

No numbers other than SAE Y93 on the bulb itself.
I just wanted to do this being I got the body and cowl off.

Maybe I have to buy the complete light kit but didn't want to do that until I am sure they will fit the cut out on mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights for ezgo.jpg (191.2 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2003 ezgo body and cowl question

I can’t tell from the picture but do those have a removable bulb in the housing?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:01 PM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I think those are halogen and the light can’t be replaced that I found. I replaced mine with LED’s and one of those died a year later. Couldn’t replace just one of those either so I had to buy a replacement set, now I have lots of extras. You can find some good options on Ebay.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:15 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I can’t tell from the picture but do those have a removable bulb in the housing?
One has been replaced because they are different. Yes the halogen bulb is removable. I thought there might be a replacement LED. Thanks
Old 11-27-2022, 01:21 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
I think those are halogen and the light can’t be replaced that I found. I replaced mine with LED’s and one of those died a year later. Couldn’t replace just one of those either so I had to buy a replacement set, now I have lots of extras. You can find some good options on Ebay.
I would buy a new set if they were LED's. Yes they are halogen. The halogen bulbs that are in the headlights now are different so someone before me replaced just the bulb it looks like. All I need is just two front bulbs but that may not be available . Not sure. Thanks
Old 11-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If they are replaceable they are probably H3 bulbs. Pretty common.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 05:09 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

That looks like a standard sized TXT headlight. I'd guess that the new LED lights from a new kit would fit in the existing cutouts. Maybe different screw holes but it should be close. I'd probably try a set from Amazon and return them if the existing holes are way too big (unlikely.)
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:17 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
That looks like a standard sized TXT headlight. I'd guess that the new LED lights from a new kit would fit in the existing cutouts. Maybe different screw holes but it should be close. I'd probably try a set from Amazon and return them if the existing holes are way too big (unlikely.)
I appreciate the help. Here is the measurements, close anyway. Hope I find some that will go where this halogen was. Leds seem to be the way to go now .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halogen light ezgo front cowl.jpg (192.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cut out ezgo cowl.jpg (96.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-28-2022, 01:09 AM   #9
mlj427
Gone Wild

I believe it is a standard driving light. Take the 2 screws out and the light housing should come out put the screws in to hold the lense in. Then take the light to Walmart or autozone or online and compare the ones they have. If you can’t find matching size lights get a piece of aluminum or hard plastic and screw it into the housing to fill the hole then add lights like these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C3F30F81-4F31-496E-9FA8-00390274C1AA.jpeg (225.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg B91D24C1-A90C-45F5-A7D1-F4012F75B342.jpeg (152.7 KB, 0 views)
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 09:35 AM   #10
cbdeese61
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2003 also and had the halogen light kit that looks like what you have. I bought a Rhox LED kit that looked like it would fit the cut-outs. They were close but did not fit exactly. The screw holes on the new one actually were in the cut-out and some of the cut was outside the new light. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a plastic welding kit. It took a while and some work but ended up where you cannot tell.
cart.jpg
cbdeese61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center