lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2022, 07:20 PM   #11
TheQMiami
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Batteries Help (Allied)

Thanks!! Can you repost that item or link, as it doesn't seem to bring up anything?

How's your experience for purchasing on aliexpress?
TheQMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2022, 07:31 PM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256801...andl_shipto=US yes I've bought many things there you can pay with PayPal as well which gives you added protection.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:32 PM   #13
TheQMiami
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256801...andl_shipto=US yes I've bought many things there you can pay with PayPal as well which gives you added protection.
HUGE Thanks.... I'm looking around now. The on you put the link to doesn't seem to specifically say LITHIUM and I'm still figuring out how to contact the seller. That one seems good and there are a few others, just need to find the right combo of 48V 58.4 15A Waterproof with the Anderson connector (I ordered a joining Anderson connector on Amazon and will remove my current snap plug).
TheQMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 05:25 PM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are options for LifePo4 in the “color” selection under the listing.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 08:29 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
You need a battery meter with a shunt like the Renogy battery monitor to accurately gauge the SOC on those batteries. A regular 2 wire voltage meter won’t work with a lithium setup because voltage doesn’t drop as the charge goes down as much as lead batteries.
Just reading through this post and noticed this statement.

While (from everything I've read) this is true with LifePO4 chemistry, batteries with Lithium-Ion (Nissan Leaf) chemistry do not react the same.

When I built my Leaf pack I kept my FLA dash volt meter. The Dash VM is usually .1-V less than what my BMS monitor says. That and under a hard acceleration, the voltage of Lith-Ion will drop 2-3V vs what the actual pack voltage is "at rest."
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 03:03 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I built a meter that estimates SOC on my Leaf pack that is probably good to a couple %.
I got the discharge curve online and made a table lookup routine to linearize the SOC vs Voltage curve. There is enough of a curve to do this with Leaf chemistry but for LiFePO4, you really can't do this. The discharge curve is way too flat for most of the discharge.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
meter, miami, volts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium