lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #1
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Eco Battery 12v Converter

Recently picked up an Eco 105ah kit and I'm going to run wires and get everything mounted this weekend. Looking at the 12 volt converter, does anyone know what connector it is that can be used to plug into whatever connector was factory installed by Eco? Is there a name for that style of 6 pin connector so that I can plug into it and then run my wires to the battery or distribution block if I install one of those.

Are they supposed to come with the converter and I just didn't get it? The second picture of the converter on their website looks to have the other end plugged in with wire loom around the wires that I assume go to battery connections. Did I not get the other end of the connector or do we buy our own after we figure out what the correct connector is?
Screenshot_20220916_194722_Brave.jpg
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2022, 06:58 AM   #2
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Eco Battery 12v Converter

The harness was supposed to come with it. Where did you purchase it? Check with who you bought if from, and if you have any trouble we can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhrc51 View Post
Recently picked up an Eco 105ah kit and I'm going to run wires and get everything mounted this weekend. Looking at the 12 volt converter, does anyone know what connector it is that can be used to plug into whatever connector was factory installed by Eco? Is there a name for that style of 6 pin connector so that I can plug into it and then run my wires to the battery or distribution block if I install one of those.

Are they supposed to come with the converter and I just didn't get it? The second picture of the converter on their website looks to have the other end plugged in with wire loom around the wires that I assume go to battery connections. Did I not get the other end of the connector or do we buy our own after we figure out what the correct connector is?
Attachment 232410
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Battery View Post
The harness was supposed to come with it. Where did you purchase it? Check with who you bought if from, and if you have any trouble we can help.
Thank you, I sent a similar note to the dealer yesterday but it was after hours. Oddly enough they just got back to me and confirmed that it was supposed to be included. They have one other converter at the shop and they are going to check if the missing part is in the other box. If so, they're going to get it over to me. If not, I'm told they are going to get one from you and send it to me.

Thanks again for the response
Old 09-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The harness is big, it won't be in the box.
It was sent in a separate plastic bag about 5x8 inches.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #5
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Good new, the dealer found it and I'll have it this afternoon. Thanks for the info
Old 09-17-2022, 06:06 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The problem I see is that Eco sends no instruction or parts list with the battery combo. There is a 'quick-start guide' for every battery and combo on ecobattery.com for each product.
Uno is guilty too - and
I understand printed instructions are a waste of resources - especially when people refuse to read them
Perhaps these battery Combos could include a business card saying this is us,thank you for your purchase, installation guides are here >
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The world seems to be going away from including printed manuals. I'm ok if they have a good online manual that I can download. I have a ton of downloaded manuals for stuff on my PC. For Lithium packs, I think a printed manual should be included because many who buy them are not going to have the experience and knowledge to do it correctly and safely without instructions.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 06:50 PM   #8
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I don't mind if I don't get printed manuals for everything in a bundle, as long as they are readily available online. With a bundle such as this, I definitely would have liked a detailed checklist to ensure that I had everything. I got two boxes and all the smaller parts were thrown in with the charger. The battery meter and cable was thrown in there, not in a bag and all the small nuts and bolts were tossed in there.

And I know that I bought a bundle that was designed for another brand of cart, but I also didn't receive whatever mounting brackets should have come with it, like they were in some other packaging. They couldn't find the mounting brackets when I picked up the bundle and I didn't bother to push for them since I have a Yamaha, not whatever the bundle was built for. But I still would have liked to have them in case I could maybe figure out how to make them work for me. Not a huge deal.

Unfortunately I will need to order a Yamaha plug adapter whenever that becomes available.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #9
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

For an install on a 2017 Yamaha, what's the best spot to connect the orange wire from the converter, to the back of the key switch or is there a better spot to tap in? Will tapping into the key switch wire cause any issues?
Old 09-28-2022, 08:09 PM   #10
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm Still working on running wires and mounting things in the battery compartment while Alltrax has my controller for testing. Is there a recommended connection point for the orange wire from the converter, something better than just going to the positive terminal on the battery?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha