lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
ydnars01
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage indicator

Just changed batteries in EZ Go 48 volt cart. Voltage indicator reads low. Tested with a handheld volt meter and they show 49.6 volts. Did I hook one of the small wires with ring terminals to the wrong post?
ydnars01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage indicator

Is it a digital numeric voltage indicator? 49.6v is pretty darned low... Around 70% depending on battery manufacturer.

Also depends on how you have it hooked up. I have my digital numeric voltage indicator connected through the key switch so it is only on when the key is in, the additional resistance from the wire to/from the battery pack and resistance from the key switch means it reads about 0.8v low.

If you have a bar graph digital volt meter then those are not very accurate or precise.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
splash94me
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, they are new batteries they need to go thru several charges before they get to their full capacity.
splash94me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:47 AM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by splash94me View Post
Also, they are new batteries they need to go thru several charges before they get to their full capacity.
I believe that developing full capacity of new batteries over a number a charges (20 to 30 comes to mind) refers to "run time" and not "stabilized full charge voltage".

My new battery experience is limited to one set of new Trojans ... which have been at over 100% of rated pack voltage from the first charge (I typically see a stabilized pack voltage of 52.0 volts at 48 to 72 hours after charging ... with no use).

So I agree with BronsonJ ... 49.6 volts is "pretty darn low".

ydnars01 - What are the individual battery voltages ?? What make and model of batteries ??
ThreeCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO