lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default 07-14 Team Differential

As some of you may already know, the Team differential is now discontinued from Yamaha. Some parts are available, but at a very exaggerated price. So those of you that plan to keep that vintage cart, make sure you protect that rearend.

I read most don't like it, but properly taken care of, the differential has been really good. I only see problems when they have not been properly serviced.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #2
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 07-14 Team Differential

Mine is laying on the back deck being a lonely pile of ..... I dont know that i would even sell the thing and put someone through the pain. hubs are crap. axles are crap. brakes are well..what brakes. Just slop a dana on and dont fool with team rear.
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry for that rant. thanks for putting that info out there. Yamaha says they are working on something that may or may not ever get done. They cant answer. My guess is that they are just done with it
Old 11-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift240se View Post
Mine is laying on the back deck being a lonely pile of ..... I dont know that i would even sell the thing and put someone through the pain. hubs are crap. axles are crap. brakes are well..what brakes. Just slop a dana on and dont fool with team rear.
The hub issue was a simple maintenance issue, check it at every service interval, and never a issue, same goes with the axle, those things are stout.
Brakes? Never had an issue yet. I have worked on thousands of Yamaha carts with that differential and have had very few issues. Proper maintenance is the key as with any differential.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
The hub issue was a simple maintenance issue, check it at every service interval, and never a issue, same goes with the axle, those things are stout.
Brakes? Never had an issue yet. I have worked on thousands of Yamaha carts with that differential and have had very few issues. Proper maintenance is the key as with any differential.
If bought new**** most of us buy used and they are never taken care of. Fact is, the brakes were a bad idea that go bad regularly and yamaha can't find a fix so they quit making it completely. Also when its at least $500 to do the brakes. A new dana is under $1000 plus a few cables. Not saying you're wrong on hubs and axles. Well maybe the hubs. Mine are pretty soft metal. But the brakes are trash even when new once lifted and a little weight added.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not trying to fight. Just going with my personal experience like yourself. You are the only person I've came across that has anything good to say about the team rear. As a rear differential it is very tough. Another reason for me though was I wanted posi

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha