lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
birdleg
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo rxv dead

guy brought in a rxv. not sure the year but serial on steering wheel 5005313 he said he was hooking the headlights back up and it when done the cart wouldn't move. it was not put in tow mode. I know hardly anything about these models. any help is appreciated. I checked all the fuses that I could find and they were all good. the cart has 49 volts and reverse buzzer works but has no solenoid click at all. also the headlights do work tho lol. anyway any help is appreciated. thanks randall
birdleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo rxv dead

Look for jumper plug with green and red wires on bottom of cup holder area. Cart will not run without it. Probably was removed to install light wiring under mat, never put back on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
birdleg
Not Yet Wild

that jumper is still in place. anyway they could have fried a controller or anything?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Look for jumper plug with green and red wires on bottom of cup holder area. Cart will not run without it. Probably was removed to install light wiring under mat, never put back on.
I've bought a couple dozen RXVs over time and some have this and some don't. I've always wondered what it is?

If the solenoid isn't even clicking I wouldn't suspect the controller yet. Check the key switch. When you turn it to forward do you hear the beep of the controller turning on and the sound of the motor brake releasing?
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
birdleg
Not Yet Wild

you hear nothing and the brake does not release at all. also I noticed there is a green light on the charge receptacle that never goes off even when key is in off position. maybe its thinking its charging somehow? like I said I have no clue these rxv are Chinese to me
Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #6
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Put it in tow and disconnect the main pos and neg and let it sit for 10-15 mins. Hook it back up and see if the green light is on. If its off check for operation. If its still not working check the key switch
Old 01-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Green light on= "i think im plugged into charger, cant drive while plugged into charger". Might be bad recepticle? Sorry, cant just unplug small blue wire at plug, still wont work. Also all rxv has plug under cupholder, maybe poped up into cupholder area, its there somewhere. Even newer "curtis" rxv still has plug, even tho they use different plug for diagnostic scanner/programmer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
birdleg
Not Yet Wild

ok on the charger receptacle are red black and grey wires. my question is where does the grey wire go to? it was hooked up to the main positive battery post. when i unhook it, the light goes off and cart moves. does this grey wire hook up to the main positive or elsewhere?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #9
birdleg
Not Yet Wild

ok the grey wire is a temp sensing wire it seems? well it supposed to have a sensor at the end close to the eyelet that goes around the positive battery post. seems someone cut it off. will this make the cart think it is on the charger therefore disabling the cart?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #10
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Are you talking about the part circled in the attached picture? is there a terminal end on the gray wire. Post a picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 602529-2.jpg (28.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO