lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
skipper98
Not Yet Wild

Default Trying to choose best long travel for my cart

I have a 98 gas ezgo and the front end is wore out with one tire pointing off to the side now. I only drive it in the woods on two tracks and it currently has a unknown small lift. Jakes and allsports are the only long travel kits I see and they don't explain much. Tried calling jakes but the person I talked to wasn't very informative and couldn't even find the right kit without me giving him their kit number. It seems like the king pin bushings are sloppy along with tie rod ends and I would imagine steering gears are not great either. Is allsports kit with upgraded steering better or should I go jakes and buy new parts that they reuse and if so which parts does jakes reuse? Also is their a minimum rim size I would need for either kit, was hoping to do new rims and tires later, current rims are 8".
skipper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #2
beater cart
Gone Wild

Default Re: Trying to choose best long travel for my cart

I have the allsport kit fits great and rides nice comes with a club car rack and pinion you will loose some of your turning radius. Pros for jakes would be ability for front breaks and better shocks.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
skipper98
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Trying to choose best long travel for my cart

I do like the looks of jakes better, just wasn't sure how much better the allsports steering upgrade is. I might be in same amount of money either way after fixing worn out parts. Can anyone tell me other than spindles and steering gears what other parts jakes reuses?
skipper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts