lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech
Ezgo Gas Tech Resource info, wiring diagrams and how to's for Gas powered EZGO golf carts

Old 05-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #91
billys buggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shorter Belts and 28 degree driven clutch

i have my clutch apart and the spring was in the center hole. i read that you can move the spring to the outer holes one will make it stiffer the other will make it softer. how much difference is the 36 degree with the spring in the out hole that makes it stiffer and a 28 degree cluth in the center hole. once i get my cart together an out of storage i will post some pitures
thanks for your help.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #92
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by billys buggie View Post
i have my clutch apart and the spring was in the center hole. i read that you can move the spring to the outer holes one will make it stiffer the other will make it softer. how much difference is the 36 degree with the spring in the out hole that makes it stiffer and a 28 degree cluth in the center hole. once i get my cart together an out of storage i will post some pitures
thanks for your help.
I don't know how much difference it is
Old 05-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #93
billys buggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for your help.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #94
NFD 03
Not Yet Wild

Will this work for a G1 if so what would I need for an 82 G1 this would be sweet
Old 05-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #95
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

nfd, i think your best bet would be to post this over in the yamaha threads (this is in the ezgo section)
Old 05-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #96
BLOWN HOWARD
Not Yet Wild

I went ahead and did the shorter belt and man what a diff. Should i still change the clutch to the 28 also??? Or is this something were you do one mod or the other but not both?
Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #97
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
I have never run both on the same cart, I wouldn't be able to stand it. With either the engine tachs up pretty high on take off and it takes a bit before you get in a better gear ratio for cruising. To me, sometimes that can get annoying if your going short distances like picking up stuff around the yard.
I'm not sure about dealers carrying the parts, I get mine from the factory so i'm pretty clueless when it comes to what dealers should or do carry.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #98
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN HOWARD View Post
I went ahead and did the shorter belt and man what a diff. Should i still change the clutch to the 28 also??? Or is this something were you do one mod or the other but not both?
I have both mods on different carts but have never used them on the same cart, either way the performance is very close to each other with the belt mod seemingly offering a little more low end gearing. On a regular golf cart the belt mod will provide enough gearing to flip the cart over backwards on itself. How much more do you need than that? I know people have done this but have never heard anyone say "wow what a difference to run both" as a matter of fact, their silence leads me to believe it is of no benefit to run both. I run the workhorse carts, hauling loads, pulling things, and hill climbing, my carts are more working tools than recreational toys and have yet felt a need to try both mods on a cart.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #99
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I have both on my marathon and I tried switching back to the stock good belt and it made a big difference I don't know about anyone else but with 26" tires and a stock 11hp motor it makes great torque and moves the cart great I haven't found a hill I can't climb yet. So if your running big tires with little power I'd say go for both but otherwise It's probably a waste of time.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #100
ruredy
Born Wild

The shorter belt changes the actual starting gear ratio of the CVT, the 28 deg clutch delays the CVT's progression through it's gearing but does not alter the gear ratio. Because of this, the biggest difference is the belt mod and if your driven clutch is in good shape, I see no need for a 28deg clutch.
I only included the 28deg clutch disscussion in this thread because they are closely related and lots of people see it as a worth while mod. For me, I'll slap a shorter belt on a cart and go on about my buissness never giving the 28 deg clutch a second thought.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO > Ezgo Gas Tech