lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Mini-guy
Not Yet Wild

Post Cart Identification

First cart ever just purchased. It's a Columbia Par Car with the S/N 5K21212C7. I would like to find out the year of the cart and availability of Owners and parts manuals. Cart seems to be in good condition, but needs some TLC. Love to get this lady back in her prime and would appreciate any and all help to point me in the right direction. At the moment, it looks pretty confusing under the hood.
Mini-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart Identification

SNs beginning with 5K can be '85 or '95.

Any way to post a pic of your motor? If not, is the muffler in front of or behind to motor? I don't know 90's carts all that well but I think that later ones had their mufflers behind the engine whereas I am sure the 80s ones had them in front of the motor. A pic would be awesome.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

For Columbia era C would be 80's and D would be 90's so C7 would be 87. That would sort of be gen 3 for the Columbia carts.

Gen 1 was 82-83. It was kinda messy, they were apparently using up AMF parts and designing their own stuff as they ran out of old stock.

Gen 2 was 84-86. Engines were basically the same, still points, and they seemed to settle on body parts.

Gen 3 was 87-89 That was when they went electronic ignition and oil injection.

Gen 4 was 90-97? I don't know much about these.
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

G4S model, original life cycle started at Kenton County Golf Course in Independence, KY.

The manuals you want are loaded at www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Ah, I didn't know that "C" / "D" trick. That's good information.

Growing up my folks had a '89 and a '91. The '89 is still around but the '91 was parted out years ago due to a crack in the case. I didn't monkey with them much back then but I recall these two carts being pretty much the exact same cart though. Could those gen 3 carts have lasted into the 90s?
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Smile Re: Cart Identification

Here's the VIN matrices for everyone. VIN 17 if for LSV, VIN 13 is for non-LSV, and VIN Under 13 is for the older ones.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VIN 17 Digit Rev 141029.pdf (7.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf VIN 13 Digit Rev 150413.pdf (12.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf VIN Under 13 Digit 130903.pdf (8.6 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:06 AM   #7
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I don't really know much about the later stuff. Its possible that there were very few changes gen 3 to 4. Just seems like I have seen a break in that era when looking at parts and manuals. Maybe they just added or eliminated a model so they called it a change even though the popular 'golf' model didn't actually change. Did Columbia make utility models?
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar