lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2022, 01:44 PM   #21
Bonds25
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Eco Battery install in an Ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My initial impressions were the lighter cart with a few more volts has an increased spring in her step. More umph and more speed.I saw 27 mph on the GPS going slightly uphill on a gravel road. Off the road the lighter cart can heft itself up and over the terrain a bit easier but traction is also a bit less with the weight loss... no biggie, just a little driver finesse to get used to. All in all it was a super easy conversion and I'm so happy I won't be watering this cart this summer. My next step is the charger port mod from Amazon.
See you down the road
Hey Scottie.......if you installed the onboard charger why did you need a port modification? Wouldn't you just lift the seat up and grab the cord? I have this pack coming for my RXV so I'm curious.
Bonds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonds25 View Post
Hey Scottie.......if you installed the onboard charger why did you need a port modification? Wouldn't you just lift the seat up and grab the cord? I have this pack coming for my RXV so I'm curious.
Yes you can do that or you can use a RV style receptacle. Both methods will work
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:14 PM   #23
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes you can do that or you can use a RV style receptacle. Both methods will work
Scotty, we also have cart specific charge ports for the DS, Precedent, TXT, RXV and Drive2. We are working on a couple more as we speak as well. We appreciate the thread and Gen 2 update!

-Dallas
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:50 AM   #24
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Dallas,

It’s great having a representative from a Lithium supplier here on the forum, well done.

So your chargers can be ordered with cart specific connectors so that the original charging port can be used? That is great for convenience, but it would also inadvertently enable the use of original Lead Acid chargers on the newly installed Lithium batteries, which is not good. I would think that EcoBattery would try to prevent the use of original chargers, or have I got your last statement wrong.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:41 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Anybody selling a Lithium battery has got to be smart enough to inform the buyer that they need a lithium specific charger for safety and battery life.
For this reason we choose to sell the Eco Combo only which includes the charger. This is a good choice for the buyers warranty too to be using the factory supplied charger. In my opinion.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #26
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Hi Dallas,

It’s great having a representative from a Lithium supplier here on the forum, well done.

So your chargers can be ordered with cart specific connectors so that the original charging port can be used? That is great for convenience, but it would also inadvertently enable the use of original Lead Acid chargers on the newly installed Lithium batteries, which is not good. I would think that EcoBattery would try to prevent the use of original chargers, or have I got your last statement wrong.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat,

Unfortunately, I can't upload a picture at the moment (maybe Scottyb can) but I would like to clarify our charging port design. Our charging ports replace the factory charging port with a 110v male receptacle that attaches to our charger and fits in the factory location. It is designed to be able to plug an extension cord into to charger via the port so you don't have to open the seat. This does not enable you to plug the OE charger into our charger or battery. Hope this helps.
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:15 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas@Eco Battery View Post
Pat,

Unfortunately, I can't upload a picture at the moment (maybe Scottyb can) but I would like to clarify our charging port design. Our charging ports replace the factory charging port with a 110v male receptacle that attaches to our charger and fits in the factory location. It is designed to be able to plug an extension cord into to charger via the port so you don't have to open the seat. This does not enable you to plug the OE charger into our charger or battery. Hope this helps.
That is a good description. We commonly refer to this as an RV plug. Some are fixed and some allow the charger plug to be pulled out for use and tucked back in after use.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:59 PM   #28
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

@Scotty,

I have no doubt that any “good” seller will package in a charger and advise against using the OEM charger, and that any “responsible” purchaser will heed that advice. But, if the original charging port is present, and the cart has many users (family members at a holiday home for example) an OEM charger could be mistakenly used.

@Dallas,

Thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot more sense and definitely prevents the original charger from being used. I was concerned as your original statement could easily be misinterpreted. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:06 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
@Scotty,

I have no doubt that any “good” seller will package in a charger and advise against using the OEM charger, and that any “responsible” purchaser will heed that advice. But, if the original charging port is present, and the cart has many users (family members at a holiday home for example) an OEM charger could be mistakenly used.

@Dallas,

Thanks for the clarification, that makes a lot more sense and definitely prevents the original charger from being used. I was concerned as your original statement could easily be misinterpreted. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Pat.
The oem charge port DOES NOT connect to the lithium battery.
So I don't understand what you are saying. If the charge port connects to nothing then no harm will be done in connecting to it. Am I right? This seems like a silly argument we're having.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:07 PM   #30
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Scotty,

I understand, no argument here My comment was directed to Dallas’ original post that could have been interpreted as the EcoBattery chargers could be supplied with cart specific connectors on them, implying that the batteries must have been connected to the original OEM charging port. Dallas has now confirmed that that is not the case,

My reply to you was just stating what COULD happen if the original OEM port was used, and will hopefully discourage other users from thinking that it is a good idea.

Cheers
Pat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium