lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2023, 12:01 AM   #1
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Speed Limit and other Questions - 2012 Precedent

Based on my research I think I know the answer - just hoping to confirm.

My 2012 precedent with 20inch tires and 72ah Eco Battery and stock controller seems to be limited to 20mph.

Questions:
1. Since I have a serial number that starts with PH and the Curtis Controller 1515-5201 I believe I am limited to "speed code 4" with current set-up?

2. I assume I have speed code 4 as I am getting the 20mph?

3. Only way to increase speed to 24/25 mph is with a new controller?

4. I will be selling one of the 2 carts described below, any reason to keep the 2012 over the 2005? The 2005 currently runs at 25mph where the 2012 is limited to 20mph? Is there any other factors that are worth considering regarding one cart over the other?

My story, I just purchased my neighbors 2012 precedent. He just purchased a new cart and the local dealer would only give him $1K on trade given that his batteries were toast and cart was in quite poor shape. It had a rear seat that wasn't installed correctly where the rear roof supports were loose causing the cart to rattle like crazy and also caused the windshield to come flying off. The suspension was toast as well. But for $1k I couldn't pass it up so I bought it off him. I eventually put a 3.5inch lift, new 20inch tires and wheels, removed the rear seat, rebuilt it back to a 2 seater and installed a 72ah Eco Battery. Cart looks/drives great now - except for the limited speed.

I also have a 2005 that that I purchased 3 years ago and have it basically set up the same way. I installed the 72ah Eco Battery last fall and it has been great. This cart appears to have the speed code 5 as it will do 24-26 MPH which is definitely appealing.

It was my intent to fix my neighbors cart and keep it only because it is a newer cart. However, I am not sure I can live with the reduced speed of the 2012.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car