lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
1018cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Bought a 99 gas. Springs are warn...

This is a G16 i am pretty sure. Previous owner(s) have added a 4" lift and a rear seat kit.

First thing i noticed was its pretty bouncy. After looking at the suspension, I realize they may be worn. To the point the rear springs are compressed and all touching other than the lower... 3 inches or so. This may be normal but I guess it not to be.

The front suspension only shows about 2 inches of the top of the shock absorber with no one sitting in the cart.

I was thinking with the added weight of the rear seats I may want to at least upgrade the rear to heavy duty to hold the 2 extra adults (or beer cooler).

What is the recomendation here? Buy 4 new springs alone or replace the whole shock and spring? ...they are pretty pricey for a complete piece.
1018cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Bought a 99 gas. Springs are warn...

Consider some HD springs for it:

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/heavy-d...ng-yamaha.html
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Bought a 99 gas. Springs are warn...

Here is some places that have shocks if you want to experiment. Some use EX400 rear shocks iirc.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...er-shocks.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha