lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
thetucks
Gone Wild

Default Just sold my club car ds and bought a yamaha gmax

Hey guys I just sold my 01 club car ds with 6 inch lift and 22-11-10 wheels and bought a o4 yamaha gmax. I just ordered jakes 6 inch lift and am going to order some tires to put on my existing 12 inch rims.

My question is how can I turn up my engine just a little without disableing the govonor completely. My cart only runs at 12mph top speed now. Would like to get only around 18mph. I dont need anymore than that. Is there adjustment in the gas pedal to do this? thanks for your help.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Just sold my club car ds and bought a yamaha gmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetucks View Post
My question is how can I turn up my engine just a little without disableing the govonor completely. My cart only runs at 12mph top speed now. Would like to get only around 18mph. I dont need anymore than that. Is there adjustment in the gas pedal to do this? thanks for your help.
I'm a sparky guy so no real help, just a thought.
If your cart runs 12mph now and you need 18mph, that's an rpm increase of 50%. Just seems to me like more than "turn up my engine just a little without disableing the govonor completely"
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
thetucks
Gone Wild

I dont have to turn it up that fast just a little more. My father in law has a g16 and he runs by me. stock motor just has some adjustments. He still has his govonor in tact. Thats why I ask.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetucks View Post
I dont have to turn it up that fast just a little more. My father in law has a g16 and he runs by me. stock motor just has some adjustments. He still has his govonor in tact. Thats why I ask.
It's very simple. Take off the access panel (below your sweaterbasket), you'll see the govenor arm. With a deep 10 mm socket and ratchet, turn the nut in on the threaded rod. The more you turn it in, the faster you'll go. Good luck and welcome to Yami land
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
thetucks
Gone Wild

wow that seems really easy. I will try it this afternoon. Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
thetucks
Gone Wild

ok I got to looking around a bit on the cart. I noticed that when I pushed the gas pedal down the cart dont start to move until its over half way down. So I followed the cables to the govoner in the back and when I push the pedal it takes so long because there was a lot of slack in the cable. So I adjusted the cable under the pedal up front. Now it will start a lot smoother and it gained 2mph also. So now I am cruzing 14mph on level ground. I may turn in that nut on the govonor a bit later to get a bit more. How much do I need to turn it in? I dont like for the cart to rev up real high. I like it smooth. thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-speed-spring.html
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
thetucks
Gone Wild

sweet!!! I dont know if I need that much speed. still one question though. How does it get the extra speed? does it take the engine to higher rpms or what. Sorry dont mean to be annoying. I am just curious. thanks for the link also.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
thetucks
Gone Wild

another question.... I have ordered a jakes 6 inch lift kit. Also ordered 4 sahara classic 22-11-12inch tires to go on my existing 12 wheels. Will I have to remark the dipstick for the oil once its lifted?? I had to on my club car. Everything should be here by the end of the week as well as my complete light kit. I would be interested in selling the tires that are coming off if anyone is interested. They are in excellent shape. Also is there anything I need to know when I lift my Gmax?? thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
SOCKSTER
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

no need to change the dipstick. We have the 22" sahara tires and they ride rough off road, I should have gotten the 23"
SOCKSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha