lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Should I Keep It or Move On

I have a CC serial#A9620-498718 which I just found out is a 1996. I always thought it was a 1995. I like the amount of leg and shoulder room of this cart, but my wife doesn't want to deal with it and wants a new cart. I'm looking for some advise and are there any issues with this year and what can be upgradable.

Questions/Concerns I have so far:
-The battery light in the dash has is RED. I read this means it has an old OBC.
-The Controller is a Curtis, black top and ends with bare alum. sides. No#'s yet
-You can hear batteries bubbling and tend to overflow every now and then.

Patrick
Grizz3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Should I Keep It or Move On

I'd keep it, If you like working on them and tweaking it can be a real hot rod or whatever you desire.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would like to keep it. I'm new to how these animals work, but if I have a good base to work with. I'm up to the challenge. Cart has full enclosure with electric heater. The courses here in northern Idaho are not flat and added torque would be a plus. I'm looking at comfort, reliability and performance. The wife wants speed and good looks. If I can show her this cart can provide the speed and power, she's fine with it.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Look at the photos on the web site here, find one of your body style that has been fixed up and show her what yours can become.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #5
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've shown her plenty of cart pics and she's excited to do cosmetic upgrades. The cart is in excellent condition. In her words " if it's going to run like a turd and barely make it up the hills, I don't want it".

I dont know where to start with this project. I need a plan, a parts list with a budget to show her. Will I need to replace everything, a few components. That's where I need help.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Old Southern saying. "If momma ain't happy nobody is happy"
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If they do the motors on your model cart, call plumb quick, the bandit seems to me to be the quickest and best bang for the buck.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #8
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Sounds like you have the Regen 1 system (red battery light). I'm not positive, but I think that Plum Quick sells the bandit motor upgrade for your cart
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #9
Grizz3500
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Changed out all the 6 gauge cables today to 4 gauge welding cable. While taking it for a test drive, the red battery light came on a couple of times. Not sure the last time the cart was charged. It was plugged in until yesterday morning. The battery pack tested at 49.9v. Any ideas why the light would go on and off.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a RED battery light (AKA old OBC). The only time it glowed for a long time was when my batteries were on-their-last-legs. But - the old OBC's do a diagnostic check for voltage about once an hour (and sometimes when you first switch on)- the light comes on bright - and goes out after about 10 seconds or so. That's normal - even with good batts. Happens to me 3 or 4 times during a round of golf.

Unless you have a BLACK "GE Brand" T shaped controller - its likely not a Regen 1 (unless the controller was upgraded later in life). Its easy to tell if its a Regen though, because the motor has a 3 wire pigtail connector in addition to the main cable terminals.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car