lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Default Re: Separate 12v battery for accessories (radio/lights). What about charging?

I would get a deltran battery tender for the aux battery. Plug it in when the cart is not in use and it should be ready to go when you are!

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #12
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Separate 12v battery for accessories (radio/lights). What about charging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruzslick View Post
My charger came with clamps for the battery terminals, I just chopped them off and wired the ends up to a cigarette plug. Marine stores sell plug/outlet combos that are fairly straight forward to wire up/install.

So you plug your cart in like normal, then plug in a charger to the cig. lighter to charge the battery? All at the same time?
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #13
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Separate 12v battery for accessories (radio/lights). What about charging?

I have the Harbor Frieght solar panel on the 04 PDS and now on the monster cart. They are 5 watts so the radio plays off of it without effecting the battery charge during the day. Night riding is good since the battery is fully charged all the time.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #14
jwdixon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I like that solar panel idea. Does it have clamps that connect to the battery?
jwdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #15
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey andy, do you just have that solar panel charging your aux. battery?
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
Santacruzslick
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
So you plug your cart in like normal, then plug in a charger to the cig. lighter to charge the battery? All at the same time?
Yep, the 12v system is completely separate from the 36v cart system.
Santacruzslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Separate 12v battery for accessories (radio/lights). What about charging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS View Post
Hey andy, do you just have that solar panel charging your aux. battery?
Yes the solar panels are just for the 12 volt aux batteries only. You can hard wire them if you want but I use the clamps that came with it. That way I can take it out if I want.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I really like your idea about the cigarette adapter charging your aux battery, but I’m a little confused still. Can you send pic's? That’s a female on the cart... I see that so that means the charger has a male, but I guess I don’t understand how that charges anything. Sorry, I know I’m not the best at this stuff, but I can usually at least keep up.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

The 12v charger instead of having clamps, wire the end to a male cigarette lighter plug. When you plug the male cigarette lighter adapter into the dash receptacle, it completes the circuit to the battery. Instead of drawing power out of the battery, the circuit will now charge the battery instead.

As long as the wires leading from the receptacle to the battery are at least 10G, 12G would be okay as well. Depends on your charger amperage.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #20
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks LizardLeg. I just didnt want to assume... not something you want to assume on.

Thanks again.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center