lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Bigshoot
Not Yet Wild

Default Best valves to buy

Hi, I know I have intake valve sunk into the head. My question is what is the best valve to buy so I don't have this problem again, does someone make a harder valve? Also can you buy a gasket kit or only piece by piece?
Bigshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 05:57 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best valves to buy

You will probably have this problem again regardless of which valves you install. This issue is caused by poor air filters allowing dust into the engine and running the engine at higher revs than designed to run. If you did find harder valves, you will just see the damage on the valve seats instead.

Mind you, saying that you should get a good twenty years use if you maintain the engine properly.

Sorry but thats just how it is.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:10 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
You will probably have this problem again regardless of which valves you install. This issue is caused by poor air filters allowing dust into the engine and running the engine at higher revs than designed to run. If you did find harder valves, you will just see the damage on the valve seats instead.

Mind you, saying that you should get a good twenty years use if you maintain the engine properly.

Sorry but thats just how it is.
I agree. When I was buying and selling the first thing I would look at was the governor spring. If crushed then I would take that in mind when making an offer. Most I bought did have that spring crushed or zip tied. Heat kills these intakes.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #4
Bigshoot
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guy's for the reply, can you help with what gaskets other than the head I will need?
Old 10-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshoot View Post
Thanks guy's for the reply, can you help with what gaskets other than the head I will need?

one - 26715G01
*SEAL-OIL,CAMSHAFT

one - 26718G01
*GASKET-CAMSHAFT COVER *

four - 72392G01
VALVE STEM SEAL

26626G01
BELT-TIMING-4-CYCLE

Two - E-Z-GO 72507G01 - Intake Valve

I normally don't replace the exhaust valves but I will leave that up to you after you inspect them for wear.

Your valve gasket should be good. You can look at it good but I never replace it.
While I was in there I would replace the timing belt so I listed it . Check idle bearing where you belt rides to make sure it don't have a rough place on it when you spin it with your hand.

That should cover it
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #6
Bigshoot
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much for the help/info, I appreciate it!
Old 10-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #7
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

e sell a gasket kit or all gaskets each.there are no harder valves that i know of.the intakes are just soft i have seen them sunk past the seat and running in the port below the seat and still run.it helps if you keep them adjusted and run good gas.we do over 100 of these a year and they hold up pretty good bruce cartpartsplus.com
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO