lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Russellislander390
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Marathon 4 stroke carb problem

Cart was not getting gas from carb to engine. When cleaning carb I noticed rubber tip missing on needle valve. Bought Chinese carb. Cleaned it well or so I thought. Started right away. Ran for about 5 minutes. Will fire with a squirt of gas into carb.
Questions: Can I use needle and float from the aftermarket carb in the original? I also noticed original needle valve did not have the small wire hanger like the aftermarket one. Is that correct or was it missing? Should I clean China carb again?
Russellislander390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 1993 Marathon 4 stroke carb problem

I would NOT swap parts from one carb to another, unless they are both factory carbs. Any aftermarket carb will have different parts from one to another, not consistent enough manufacturing.

Some carbs don't have that little wire holding the needle on the float. They sometimes have a plastic or metal tab that holds them in place. If the needle is missing the rubber tip, it would flood the carburetor. Is it flooding? That rubber tip is what shuts off the fuel flow when the bowl gets full.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
Russellislander390
Not Yet Wild

Thanks slonomo! Was getting ready to pull off aftermarket carb to re-clean. Noticed rubber hose to air box severely kinked. Removed and now cart runs. I will try to find needle for original carb.
Thanks to you and all members. What a great forum!
Russellislander390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:21 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellislander390 View Post
Thanks slonomo! Was getting ready to pull off aftermarket carb to re-clean. Noticed rubber hose to air box severely kinked. Removed and now cart runs. I will try to find needle for original carb.
Thanks to you and all members. What a great forum!
Wow glad the hose fixed it. Isn't it great when we overthink things and find a simple thing like that?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO