lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 06:41 AM   #1
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default All Sports or Jakes LT Kit?

I just ordered a Precedent and want to get a long travel kit for it. I know they are all on back order which is ok because it will allow me the time to research and plan for exactly what I want.

I originally was set on the All Sports due to there claims of the narrowest track width and tightest turning radius but have read recently that there QC hasn't been great, kits missing parts and fabricated wrong. This has me thinking more about the Jakes kit. Being as Jakes makes a disc brake kit for carts with there LT kits, its probably best I go with Jakes but im curious of you guys thoughts on the quality and ride of both kits.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: All Sports or Jakes LT Kit?

I have used the Jakes LT several times, good handling setup. Some have complained about the shocks with the Jakes kit, but I never had trouble. There are solutions to that problem though.

All Sports makes good stuff, I've used their regular lifts before, seemed good. I'm sure the LT kit is good too.

I have also seen the Rhox LT kit out there, it looks pretty beefy. It says on their website that it is good for off road use. If they say that, it must be built well. The price on them is a little lower than the others right now.

Supply? Yeah that's the problem these days. It will require the slow down over the winter for everyone to ramp up their production to catch up with the market, provided we don't see another shutdown.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah I noticed that almost every lift kit is on backorder. Since some have to wait 4-12 weeks for a kit.

Does RHOX make a LT kit for the Precedent? I just did a quick search and didn't see one listed for the Precedent.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The shocks on the front of the Jakes LT kit do not seem to last to long. Then what do you swap them with? I went through getting a new set from Jakes and it took forever because I was told they do not sell only the shocks. After a long discussion I was able to purchase them but it took forever to get them.

I am looking for a good replacement set for the front of mine.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

before I purchased my Jake's long travel, I went through a few lift kits, allsports being one of them,mad jax, rhox, then I put the Jake's long travel on, this poor lift kit has been bumped jumped used and abused in every kind of way, I think I got this lift in 2016, and I have not had to replace this one all the others broke in some form or fashion.
any of those mention lifts will work on the street no problem. I put the Jake's long travel on, and it's still there. because this cart is jumped, tweaked, and articulation not really made for club car, the shocks are a problem, I went and purchased some 14-in adjustable coilovers off the internet, problem solved I think I paid maybe a hundred bucks for both of them.
they're going to be a lot of people say that these golf carts are just that golf carts, they're not made to go up and over tree roots, steep dunes, or deep mud, at the end of the day it's still a club car.
with that said, I have hours of video of my cart, either going through deep mud, thick forest knocking over saplings two to three inches thick, going through incredibly soft sand, and over the top of some
steep dunes. just to prove the point.
I am that guy, who if it can't be broken, let me give it a try.......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Atv shocks work well. Progressive Suspension makes all kinds of heavy duty versions. Dennis Kirk sells them.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:21 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'm sure all of these kits are of good quality. My Jakes Lift kit has been on my cart since the summer of 2017. I use it on some very rough land and to date...other than the Heim joints squeaking (resolved via applying chain oil) the LT kit has worked great.

BTW.....I chose the Jakes as I already had the Jakes front disc brakes and I knew they would work on the Jakes LT kit.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #8
moorend23
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for my ignorance but I ordered a Jakes LT for my 2015 EZGO RXV (currently been waiting for 9 months for it to arrive) and I noticed that the LT prior to 2014 was listed as adjustable from 4-8". Is this the case for the newer LT's? I would prefer to be able to keep it at 4" and adjust if needed for off-road, most of my travel will be on the street however. Thanks.
moorend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts