lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #31
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Workhorse / Jacobsen Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
ST350 is normally a short body so would use the same cable as a txt. Never heard of one especially for them. The 1200 mpt frame is 11” longer than a txt.
I have never seen a short ST350 mine is a long frame !
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2020, 05:09 PM   #32
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Ok so the front plastics.....You know I'm ok with the TXT style, especially if I get the light kit for it. I suppose if I came across the ST style I'd upgrade if the color matched and it wasn't outrageous. Definitely won't be spending $700 on one lol, since the whole cart was less than $400.

So, for now, the goal is to get it running and driving.

What are your thoughts on the 350cc engine? I had a TXT back in the day, 2001 I think, with the 295, and it was a dog. I mean it was smooth and quiet, but it really didn't have any power to speak of. I did end up putting a power spring and hd belt on it, then lift kit and tires. I liked the cart, but the engine was not really anything to get excited over.

What are the options for rebuild? Performance? I'm not looking for Vanguard power here, just some better power. If it's 13 hp stock, can I get it up to 18 or 19 with standard hot rod mods? Thoughts?
Congrats on this great find, what a great price !

There are those who use a 295 head on the 350 block and some their mods and kick it up pretty good.

I Love the frame you have here it is a great one, with the updated rack steering they don’t make these frames anymore.
I use mine around the yard at present with a 23 VC engine. When I get it loaded down like it was designed to be, 1200 pounds , I want an engine that easily moves .

Also, I’ve hand dumped both beds, short with liner, and the 1200 big steel bed is a handful, mine came stock ST 350 with an electric lift which is currently out of commission when mine is loaded it is quite a bear to dump
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:49 PM   #33
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Jponlkn. Yes the ST brake cables will work. EZGO stopped selling single cables years ago an only supply the kits now, unless that has changed. The ST, mpt1200 and jac 1110 are all extended chassis and main differences are the factory lift on the ST models. This is probably why some kept the earlier axles and steering components after 2001.5.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:18 AM   #34
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: EZGO Workhorse / Jacobsen Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Jponlkn. Yes the ST brake cables will work. EZGO stopped selling single cables years ago an only supply the kits now, unless that has changed. The ST, mpt1200 and jac 1110 are all extended chassis and main differences are the factory lift on the ST models. This is probably why some kept the earlier axles and steering components after 2001.5.
Thanks Cart
JPonLKN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:02 AM   #35
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Thanks Cart
So am I off the hook for the pics?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #36
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
So am I off the hook for the pics?
Well, sorta. LOL, see my other post on my recently acquired Workhorse and MPT. As a follow up, yes, the brake cables on the 1200 series workhorses with the mechanical brakes do in fact fit the TXT, although they are very long, and take some work to get them to bend around, but they do mount up, and should work. I would say they do work, but my long cable has a bind in it and won't free up. Waiting on a new set.

As for photos, can you post a bunch of photos of your engine bay, please? Mine is missing the engine, electrical components are loose, wires hanging, so it will take a bit to figure out what is missing, and what I have, where things go, etc. Pics would help. I am good with the engine, and clutches, but the carb/intake and related linkages, and all the electrical components would be super helpful. I haven't found the manual for it, if I do, you would be off the hook for the photos again.

The MPT is the short frame version...800 series I think. Looking at some spec info on it available online, it is a workhorse truck type cart built on the TXT frame, although it says it has heavy duty front and rear springs. I don't know what year...tag is gone. Not sure if they are a different size than the TXT, but both suspensions on my two carts are post 2001.5, and match up with yours. I'll take a look and see if they are the same, or if the smaller one is different. If its different it will be the TXT version and will answer your front end question. I will even post some photos in my build thread on those two machines if they are different and identify the differences so it will be helpful for others looking at these two types of machines.
JPonLKN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #37
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Today is the day for engine removal. Its a balmy 57 degrees and sunny so I know sweating is not an issue lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201112_163314.jpg (320.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #38
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Who's the model number guru? Still don't know the exact year and model of this chassis. Anyone?

Well thats silly....these photos are upside down hmmmm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201112_162532.jpg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201112_162540.jpg (244.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #39
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Engine is out. Why struggle when you can use a cherry picker?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201112_174752.jpg (286.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201112_175215.jpg (373.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201112_175410.jpg (341.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #40
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The side plate says its a 350cc. Here's the other number on the block too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201112_180508.jpg (302.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201112_180512.jpg (333.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO