lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
tmurphss
Not Yet Wild

Default 2020 EZGO Express L6 Lift options

I purchased a 2020 EZGO Express L6 recently after the family outgrowing the club car precedent we had. Absolutely love it, but i don't know how to just leave things alone, So I am already thinking about more lift and bigger tires when these wear out....

I know these carts come with a factory lift, 14" wheels and 23" tires. I am thinking I want to go with a bigger lift and 12" wheels and 25" tires. Does anyone know what the height of this factory lift is? The drop axle in front and the flip kit on the back to put the axle under the spring, but I haven't been able to find anywhere what the actual lift is. maybe like 4"?

From researching I have been able to find that these are basically stretched TXT model, so I think a lift for a TXT would work, is this accurate? The larger lifts I see for TXT's have blocks for the back axle between the spring and axle, where mine factory does not.

I have been looking at the Jakes 7140 long travel lift, but I cant find anywhere what the lift height of it is either and it would be hard to spend over a grand to not gain any height.

I have also looks at the RHIX BMF lift, at 7" and much cheaper, but have also seen reviews that the ride is very stiff....

One option I was looking into is simply building a spacer for the axle in back and then maybe spacing the springs on the front to just get a couple more inches.

Anyway, long post sorry for that, just wanted to get a conversation going and see if anyone else with an express has gone down this adventure. Thanks in advance for any information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (213.4 KB, 0 views)
tmurphss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2020 EZGO Express L6 Lift options

Not totally the same as yours but close, I have a 13 TXT. I stretched mine but as you mention the 4 and 6 seat are the same suspension wise. I have a Jakes and it is adjustable up to 8" but at that level of lift there isn't any droop so I have mine set at 6" and I'm running 25" tires on 12" wheels. I have pics in my build thread;https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=162087
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:50 AM   #3
tmurphss
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. That's an awesome cart and a lot of work you've put into it. At the 6 inch height do you have any issues with the 25" tires? The long travel changes the geometry in front so I'm sure that helps with any potential vs a drop axle lift... How is the ride with the Jakes?

I really wish i knew what the factory lift height was so I would know if it would be worth it to try and get a 6 inch lift or not.

I also found the Allsports 8" long travel kit. Does anyone have any expresience with it?
Old 10-14-2020, 08:49 AM   #4
doo dah
Gone Wild

No issues with 25s and 6" setting. Front track is 2" wider than rear so I had spacers on the rear wheels for awhile but took them off because the tires kicked up ridiculous amounts of sand riding down the beach. The ride is very good, everyone that rides in the cart the first time comments on how smooth the ride is. I am using Fox Podium coilovers and they work well but would like a stiffer spring to get rid of some of the sag, my cart is heavy when you have 5 people, full cooler, and beach gear on it. The stock motor will barely get me up the smallest inclines lol, but it does just real slow. Jake's is the only lift I have experience with so can't comment on the others. I think you'll like the LT even if you are on road more than anything, lot's of adjustability to get the exact stance you are looking for.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
CBBeaty
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
No issues with 25s and 6" setting. Front track is 2" wider than rear so I had spacers on the rear wheels for awhile but took them off because the tires kicked up ridiculous amounts of sand riding down the beach. The ride is very good, everyone that rides in the cart the first time comments on how smooth the ride is. I am using Fox Podium coilovers and they work well but would like a stiffer spring to get rid of some of the sag, my cart is heavy when you have 5 people, full cooler, and beach gear on it. The stock motor will barely get me up the smallest inclines lol, but it does just real slow. Jake's is the only lift I have experience with so can't comment on the others. I think you'll like the LT even if you are on road more than anything, lot's of adjustability to get the exact stance you are looking for.
I just replaced my Jakes LT front coilovers as I couldn't find a replacement for them. Am I correct you are using them on your Jakes LT? If so can you provide the model number? I have a 2016 Ezgo L6 with Jakes LT and am running 26x10x14 tires with no problem
CBBeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #6
tmurphss
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBeaty View Post
I just replaced my Jakes LT front coilovers as I couldn't find a replacement for them. Am I correct you are using them on your Jakes LT? If so can you provide the model number? I have a 2016 Ezgo L6 with Jakes LT and am running 26x10x14 tires with no problem
Do you have any pictures of your cart?
Old 10-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #7
doo dah
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBeaty View Post
I have Fox Podium coilovers that came off a Polaris Predator. I couldn't find anything Jake's specific. The local dealer had a new unit on the floor with some aluminum coilovers but couldn't tell me where they came from. I also called Jake's directly and they had no part #s nor recommendation for coilovers.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Also had the Fox Podium with the Jakes. Nice upgrade
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #9
OnlySC
Not Yet Wild

Have you found out what the stock lift is? I have a 2021 Express L6 and have been looking as well. I have 15” wheels with 23x10 tires. I would love to lift it a couple more inches.
OnlySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:48 PM   #10
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlySC View Post
Have you found out what the stock lift is? I have a 2021 Express L6 and have been looking as well. I have 15” wheels with 23x10 tires. I would love to lift it a couple more inches.
I have a 2021 L6 with the stock lift running 14 inch wheels and 24" tires. I do have 1 inch spacers all the way around. I know I can get 25" tires on there now, possibly 26". Not sure if you are worried about running larger tires or not or just want the lift. Either way, good luck.
EZ GO L4 Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts