lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2020, 02:32 AM   #1
HuyHuynh
Not Yet Wild

Default swapping the crank on a Honda GX690?

Hi everybody! I'm new to the golf cart world. I just fixed up my first gas cart (EZGO Freedom) project. Got the cart with out a motor, seats etc. Put a used Robins 295 back in it and installed 6" lift with 23" tires and rear seats. Now I need more power and just came into a Honda GX690RH--KXA2, the motor is brand new and got it for so cheap i couldn't pass it up. Only problem is its a 9 teeth spline on the crank and so far have not found a way to use some sort of clutch on it. So that means I have to swap out the crank from another GX690 model that uses a 1 1/8 shaft x 3 1/2 " long to find a clutch. or maybe the tappered style but only found a 5/16 tapered. Any help is greatly appreciated.
HuyHuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: swapping the crank on a Honda GX690?

Your best bet is to machine the crankshaft down to 1". More clutches available in that size. Is there enough meat to machine it to 1"?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #3
HuyHuynh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: swapping the crank on a Honda GX690?

I thought about turning down the crank too but the center still won’t take a bolt to hold the clutch in since it’s a 9 teenth center and I would still have to take the crank out. I have been doing some research and looks like all the newer GX630, GX660 and the GX690 like mine use all the same cranks just the snout of the crank is different. I’m gonna use a crank from a GX630 which has the 1” crank on it and 1/4 key way. I ordered the crank and should be here Monday and hopefully it works out. Haha
HuyHuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!