lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Overhead console ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Nice work
That looks like factory equipment

X2!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #12
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Overhead console ideas

Take that rear view one step further sir.
Go to your local junkyard and buy a late model GM mirror with the compass & temperature in it. Get the temperature probe out on the grill for it also. 2 wires to hook up to temp probe and a 12v hot and negative.
You could even get a mirror with the camera in it also I'm sure.

This is in my coupe cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compass & Temperature.jpg (64.4 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:19 AM   #13
RobotObsession17
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Take that rear view one step further sir.
Go to your local junkyard and buy a late model GM mirror with the compass & temperature in it. Get the temperature probe out on the grill for it also. 2 wires to hook up to temp probe and a 12v hot and negative.
You could even get a mirror with the camera in it also I'm sure.

This is in my coupe cart.
Thanks Andy4639, that's a great idea. I will research the mirror and sensor.

Now you have me thinking to add an old iPhone in the dash as a touchscreen - then I could add all kinds of stuff including temperature, etc. Good thinkin'.

PS your coupe cart is amazing, very cool.
RobotObsession17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #14
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotObsession17 View Post
Thanks swb713. PS We must be a lot alike given your interests listed on your profile (ie finding stuff to build) - that's me too LOL.

Update: It's finally installed (never say complete, as I will perpetually tweak when new ideas come along). I welcome new ideas.

It was much simpler to install than I thought. Pros around here probably have better methods, but using a fish tape, it only took minutes to install.

The backup camera works great. The version I have also provides onscreen the distance from an object when backing up. Kind cool...but I cannot find the link where I bought it, to share. Argh. Any standard automotive backup camera would work anyway.

Below are pix of the installation. The blue tape is temporary to provide me the center mark for installation. I propped up the roof w/ the 2x4.
Very cool and super high quality. Love your ingenuity and 3D work. My first thought as I read this thread is, let me see how to add the LED screen for BU camera to my tray. Very nice work.

I also use those LED down lights on my overhead trays and fans. I used green to match all of my switches and voltmeter. Perfect for night reading when necessary and not as glaring as the white. Picture of overhead tray in RXV and also dual overhead fan bracket. Tray has two dual USB outlets, switches for fans on dash. All of my stuff is made of aluminum.

Second tray pic is from a DS I just completed for a member. I may look into a 3D print setup, you've piqued my interest a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200106_111952773_HDR.jpg (459.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200105_185941340.jpg (215.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200917_142119591.jpg (222.8 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:33 AM   #15
RobotObsession17
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Very cool and super high quality. Love your ingenuity and 3D work. My first thought as I read this thread is, let me see how to add the LED screen for BU camera to my tray. Very nice work.

I also use those LED down lights on my overhead trays and fans...Tray has two dual USB outlets, switches for fans on dash. All of my stuff is made of aluminum.

I may look into a 3D print setup, you've piqued my interest a lot.
Thanks PingEye3 for the words of encouragement. A couple thoughts:

I love the idea of the fan (especially your approach that consumes very little space). I also love the USB port idea...I will be 3D printing and adding one of those now LOL. Thank for the ideas....that is brilliant.

Regarding a 3D printer, they are the most versatile piece of equipment I have ever owned. I can also tell you don't waste your time with anything other than a Prusa brand printer, the I3 line specifically (PS buy one already assembled unless you have a full day to assemble - lesson learned there!). Then you can print models made by others (such as GrabCad.com). Then download Autodesk's Fusion 360, it is free....to create your own inventions. I teach Robotics (just one class) at our local university, I also have 6th grade level nephews that are a Wiz at Fusion 360, so it's doable by all age groups.

Then combine with a Contour Gauge and you can make anything...just trace it. That's how I figured out the top of the console. Amazon link to Contour Gauge...but any brand etc will do.

One final comment on the 3D printer: Many people are confused when they see you can only print items up to 8"...while true, you can design joints that glue together to make much larger objects. Alternatively if you are wealthy, you can ship off your design to Commercial places that can print up to (this always changes but last time I checked, 48") or even have them printed in metal.
RobotObsession17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #16
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the 3D printer recommendation. I may just do that. I've sent you a PM.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3d print, backup camera, dome lights, fabricate
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center