lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
jkpinatl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Aftermarket wheel/tires

I have a 2020 i60, I really like the cart.....the low point is the ride and I am already tired of re-tightening nuts and bolts to quiet down the `squeaks and creaks`. To be fair I also have an ez-go L6 that has similar issues. The L6 does ride a little better (but not by a lot).

My question is, has anyone improved the ride with aftermarket wheels and tires? Going from a 10" rim to a 12" to improve the ride seems counterintuitive, but maybe the stock tires are `that bad'. To be clear, I love the cart and I think any cart running ~30 mph is going to be a bit rough, I'd just like it a but less rough. Anyone have luck with this?
jkpinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Aftermarket wheel/tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpinatl View Post
I have a 2020 i60, I really like the cart.....the low point is the ride and I am already tired of re-tightening nuts and bolts to quiet down the `squeaks and creaks`. To be fair I also have an ez-go L6 that has similar issues. The L6 does ride a little better (but not by a lot).

My question is, has anyone improved the ride with aftermarket wheels and tires? Going from a 10" rim to a 12" to improve the ride seems counterintuitive, but maybe the stock tires are `that bad'. To be clear, I love the cart and I think any cart running ~30 mph is going to be a bit rough, I'd just like it a but less rough. Anyone have luck with this?
When I purchased my I40 I discussed 12" wheels for my I40 my dealer pointed
out that the wheel/tire combo would fit but barely. He pointed out that the
wheel movement as the cart rides down the road would have a tendency to rub
on the wheel well liner....on the driver side there is a raised spot and the increased tire 12" wheel/tire combo will rub either when the wheel is turned
left and or travel up and down with road irregularities....so checking out the increased diameter comparing with the available wheel well space..I could see
where clearance would be an issue...so I declined the 12" wheel/tire combo.

Perhaps a tire with a taller sidewall could smooth things out...

As an after thought..perhaps adding lock washers to fasteners to prevent them
loosing after being tightened ...perhaps even applying locktite to thread before
re-tightening..

Hope this helps
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:25 PM   #3
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpinatl View Post

I've been seriously considering just getting street tires to improve the ride. The ones that came with mine are the off-road style ones. I think that alone would improve some speed wobbles I have along with perhaps a smoother ride?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
walkaround
Not Yet Wild

I like the all torrain tires as we like to take our lifted golf cart off pavement sometimes.
walkaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon