lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 12:40 AM   #11
Mesquite
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Question for those who do their own wiring

I'm a bit late to the question, but I have had good luck buying wire from ebay.

If you search for "GXL Automotive Copper Wire", you should find someone there. The GXL rating is for abrasion resistant automotive wire.

I purchase my connectors from Amazon in a jar of 100-150 connectors depending on the size. Very good quality marine connectors at a reasonable price. I don't buy the assortments. I've found I end up using all of a couple sizes/types, so I just buy those that I actually use.

Here is a wire cart I just built to try to keep my electrical stuff a bit organized, I started with an old mechanic's cart I've had around for a few decades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turned.jpg (233.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Mesquite; 10-15-2020 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: explanation
Mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 02:03 AM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite View Post

If you search for "GXL Automotive Copper Wire", you should find someone there. The GXL rating is for abrasion resistant automotive wire.

I purchase my connectors from Amazon in a jar of 100-150 connectors depending on the size. Very good quality marine connectors at a reasonable price. I don't buy the assortments. I've found I end up using all of a couple sizes/types, so I just buy those that I actually use.

Here is a wire cart I just built to try to keep my electrical stuff a bit organized, I started with an old mechanic's cart I've had around for a few decades.
That is a nice setup.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #13
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

waytec wire and termenals we have used them for years bruce
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:06 PM   #14
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

+1 on the dielectric grease, I swear by the stuff.

Ive been doing a little more wiring then usual myself however my crimpers are junk.
Could anyone recommend a good proper crimp tool other than those basic junk auto parts store ones. Id like to spend no more than $30-$40 but there’s so many to choose from on amazon/eBay. I’d really like to be able to make a reliable crimp on those bullet style terminals that are on all the Japanese bikes.
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #15
225dxFreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update* I’m not even remotely close to being a master electrician so I can’t justify spending a couple hundred bucks on a German or Swiss made set of crimpers but I did find a classic set by Mac tool. They’re used but under $40 bucks.
If you’re like me and do random wiring jobs too but care about making a reliable crimp for those open barrel bullet terminals just search Mac tct-1028. Those are the ones I just got and they are legit.
225dxFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #16
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite View Post

That's a nice set up. I'll keep it in mind when I'm trying to figure out how to keep all my wiring crapola in one place.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center