lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Duromax 713cc

Just curious, has anyone put a Duromax 713cc twin in a cart? Looking at size, specs show 14" overall height....The height of the Robins 295 is 14" to the top of the head with no valve cover. Curious if that 14" is real. Might this be an answer to not needing a lift kit with a twin install?
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Duromax 713cc

Depends on the cart, when you take the airbox off a twin it can be lower as well, use a remote airbox. It looks almost the same as a 670 but I don't know if its same block or what.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Just curious, has anyone put a Duromax 713cc twin in a cart? Looking at size, specs show 14" overall height....The height of the Robins 295 is 14" to the top of the head with no valve cover. Curious if that 14" is real. Might this be an answer to not needing a lift kit with a twin install?
It's too new of an engine and to limited supply for us here to afford one. It seems a little high priced when compared to other off brand engines like Predator and Carrol Stream. Also It's so new there's no performance parts yet.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
It's too new of an engine and to limited supply for us here to afford one. It seems a little high priced when compared to other off brand engines like Predator and Carrol Stream. Also It's so new there's no performance parts yet.
Thanks, just curious if anyone had broken into one yet and could confirm if it is a clone using the same top end internals...ie: the 420 and 440 Duromax units are clone engines.
As for price, using a Red Beard discount code at GFO, you can get one for $800 I think, which is the same price of a Predator 670 and nets you another 43cc. Doesn't sound like performance numbers are significantly different, but outside dimensions are.

Specs compared to the Predator 670: one additional HP, two less Ft-ib at the same RPM levels. 7 lbs lighter, almost 3 inches shorter, 4.3 inches shorter in length, and almost an inch narrower, larger bore, longer stroke. I understand the Predator is a very tight fit...sounds like this smaller overall package might help in some instances if performance upgrades for the valve train are available.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:37 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Thanks, just curious if anyone had broken into one yet and could confirm if it is a clone using the same top end internals...ie: the 420 and 440 Duromax units are clone engines.
As for price, using a Red Beard discount code at GFO, you can get one for $800 I think, which is the same price of a Predator 670 and nets you another 43cc. Doesn't sound like performance numbers are significantly different, but outside dimensions are.

Specs compared to the Predator 670: one additional HP, two less Ft-ib at the same RPM levels. 7 lbs lighter, almost 3 inches shorter, 4.3 inches shorter in length, and almost an inch narrower, larger bore, longer stroke. I understand the Predator is a very tight fit...sounds like this smaller overall package might help in some instances if performance upgrades for the valve train are available.

Somebody's got to buy one for us - you know a sponsor. I can take it apart and measure EVERYTHING. This way we can experiment LOL This might be an opportunity to try out my 2 barrel 300 cfm Holley idea.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Technically anything not a honda but a copy of a honda is a clone. Most use same parts but there never was much for a honda twin, too big for a gokart and the lawn race guys didn't use them. If its a lot different than the predator it may be from someone else, in that case the predator parts would not work. The video on utube the guy said the intake looked the same he was going to install one with a performance intake and slide carb.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see Red Beard got his 713 cc Duromax powered Yamaha limo running. Pretty nice speed with a internally stock engine.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #8
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Been waiting on the limo update...I will have to check it out.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #9
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It might be the answer for unlifted twin install. I have the Predator 670 installed, no lift in a 99 TXT...only issue is seat clearance.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #10
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

Hello all. I'm in the process of putting a Duromax 713cc on a Honda Odyssey. Actually, I'm done mounting it and have already taken it for a few initial test runs.

My original plan was for a Predator 670, but they were unavailable with no ETA so I went with the Duromax. In retrospect, that may've been fortunate because the 713 just barely fit with only some trimming and notching the frame and engine required. Seeing as the 670 is a little larger than the 713 in all dimensions, I may have had to lengthen the frame a few inches if I had the 670.

It starts and runs fine so far. The belt I have is too long though so the CVT is not going into high "gear", thus my feedback on the performance is very limited. Once I get the shorter belt and get the clutches tuned I'm hoping for satisfactory performance. But, you know, no matter how great it is stock, I'm sure I'll want more powa eventually...

I'd have to think that because of the dearth of the 670's, these 713's will start finding their way into more projects and hopefully there'll start to be more aftermarket stuff for them. I think the carbs are very similar. Maybe the 670 valvetrain stuff would fit, but bore and stroke are different.
VeeTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!