lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
jtbull
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with pulling Robin ec25ds flywheel

Does anyone have an ezgo flywheel puller for a 1978 Robin EC25DS 244cc, part number A-14709-G1, or know the thread size so that I could make one. Maybe a close up photo of one. The threads look quite course and not like anything I have seen in metric threads.
jtbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with pulling Robin ec25ds flywheel

I just used a simple 3-way 'steering wheel' type puller on my 85, sorry don't remember the thread size but pretty sure it's metric and nothing unusual. Your local hardware store should have the right bolts......

I've read a lot of horror stories on here about pulling that flywheel, guess I got lucky as mine popped off as expected. Good luck
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I agree with Dabble Inn. If it is like the 80s flywheel the threads are 6x1mm.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You will want to read this thread. Looks like angled 5mm bolts. Very different from the newer ones. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=55392

EDIT: The last post has your answer. It removes a lot like the clutch does by installing a center bolt.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
jtbull
Not Yet Wild

Cart around, you are correct. Apparently the 70's flywheels are not the same as the 80's. The two threaded holes on my flywheel are angled on the curve of the flywheel and the crank shaft is recessed inside the flywheel like a drive clutch. A steering wheel puller won't work. The flywheel is threaded on the inside so that the puller can push against the end of the crank, the same as pulling a drive clutch on a snowmobile or atv. I am hoping someone can tell me what size the threads that are in the flywheel so I can make a puller.

Edit: The link at the end of the post doesn't work for some reason so I can't see it
Old 04-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #6
jtbull
Not Yet Wild

I have tried all of the metric bolts I have and the threads in the flywheel seem very course. I did see a post where someone said they used a 1/2"
threaded pipe nipple but I don't understand how that could reach inside to the end of the crank. I would not think the threads would be "pipe threads"
Old 04-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #7
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I copied the last post for you. I don't know why the link doesn't work.

Just my .02$
Acquired a 76-79(Not sure what exact year yet) Ez Go marathon with the internal starter
Been searching for a flywheel puller, I measured the threads in the flywheel, M14 x 1.5
Bought a bolt 50mm long at the hardware store and threaded it in the flywheel until
it went against the crank,(or armature in this case) snugged it up a little and
wacked it with a rubber mallet, came right off Not sure if this was the correct way
but it worked with no damage to the armature. now I need to get those pesky phillips
head screws off to remove the motor, have to replace all the engine bearings since moisture locked them up
Old 04-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #8
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Wow, didn't know the design was so much different than my 85. sorry bout that, Cart Around will take of you. Good Luck and Thanks CA
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:11 AM   #9
jtbull
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, that is what I needed!!
Old 10-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #10
ddesi16127
Not Yet Wild

JTBULL - did this work for you? I am also working on a ‘78 GX-444. Trying to change out the crankcase gasket and need to pull off the flywheel and stator.

The M14 seems way to wide...Seems like only something about 7.5-8mm will fit down that hole to the crankshaft.

Wondering what you did to get these off of there...
ddesi16127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO