Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration
Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Fndrbss
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Caroche Brake Pedal System

I’m restoring a 78 Caroche. There is a solid shaft that runs thru all three pedals housings. One end of the shaft connects to the hill brake housing (mine via a set screw) and the other end to the brake ratchet assembly which engages the pawl (click, click, click) when you set the hill brake. The accelerator should release the hill brake when pressed (clunk). The hydraulic brake (should actuate master cylinder only) and accelerator should move independently of the solid shaft. Unfortunately my hydraulic brake was rusted to the solid shaft and subsequently would engage the hill brake when depressed. To free it I clamped down the solid shaft at the ratchet assembly, applied some heat to the brake pedal housing and it finally loosened up. I drilled a few small holes thru the housing collar so I could spray some lube in there. It’s loose enough for the return spring to work now. Hope this helps someone.
Fndrbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration