lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #1
DemolitionMan
Not Yet Wild

Default Yanmar 2cyl turbo diesel swap

Hey guys, just made this account because I want to build my dream golf cart, I was on facebook marketplace and found this 1990 Gas EZGO for sale with no motor, for $150 cad
Intrigued by this listing I went to look for a diesel engine, either a Kubota or a Yanmar, I couldn't find a kubota in my budget however I found a Yanmar. 2 cylinder non turbo marine engine. Im not sure what the serial number is but I think its a 2GM20. The seller is asking $300 for the yanmar. As for a turbo I want to get a cheap ebay one just to hear the orgasmic turbo spool. Cause I'm a child lmao. Should I bite the bullet on this plan? I have a budget of $500 so if I can try and get the cart for $100 and the motor for $300 (guy is firm on the engine) I have $100 left, this $100 won't be for the turbo but just to get the cart running and driving. Has anyone done a transplant like this? Any thing I should look for when I go take a look at both the cart and motor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture+_2019-06-11-09-28-51.jpg (21.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Capture+_2019-06-11-09-29-07.jpg (21.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Capture+_2019-06-11-09-29-22.jpg (21.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Capture+_2019-06-11-09-30-33.jpg (18.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Capture+_2019-06-11-09-30-45.jpg (16.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by DemolitionMan; 06-11-2019 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: typo fixing
DemolitionMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #2
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Yanmar 2cyl turbo diesel swap

If your budget is $500, I can tell you that you will far exceed that in a matter of a couple days.
I am in the middle of a Kubota 3 cyl swap, everything costs money! Breathing costs money!
Advice:
When working on the motor mounts; Measure, measure, measure, measure, measure (now the word measure looks weird) then tack weld.
Check all of the specs of the engine, look through the posts here on the site for recommended versions of cart and engine.

Ultimately I would say, if you want to do it, do it. Best of luck with the project if you decided to proceed.
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps