lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default 57 Chevy Body on DS

Hello all. Has anybody here ever installed a 57 Chevy body kit on a Club Car DS frame?

Bought front and rear body kit yesterday. Probably a couple years old. Craigslist find, guy never installed it. No instructions, hardware, etc.

Rear seems to be pretty simple. Front however will require some sort of supports for the lower section. Sitting on frame now, just thought I would ask before I start installation. Thanks!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 57 Chevy Body on DS

Just about everything custom requires fabrication to some degree, I hope you can weld Aluminum.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I know it will require some fabrication. Just thought perhaps someone had done this exact same thing, whether I weld it or get somebody else to weld it for me. Looking for photo, or advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

it might help if you find someone that makes a 57 kit that appears to be like yours, as far as the way it looks and the same pieces, and see if you can get one of their install manuals. it would certainly help.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #5
mlj427
Gone Wild

There is only one or two company's that make those bodies maybe you could contact them and see if they have a bracket or something.

Good luck
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Thanks Nuke and Mike. I have tried to do just that with no success. Just got this thing home last night and have not done exhaustive research as of yet. it just popped up on CL and a few hours later brought it home spur of the moment thing. I found the website for what I believe to be only vendor of these things on eBay and it seems they don't sell parts. Just thought maybe somebody in here has done this and could describe or share a photo of how they installed the front end. Have done several stock DS bodies but this is the first of these I have seen in person. Thanks again!
Old 01-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

IF... the body was designed for a DS, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem,
there's lots of them out there, and from what I understand, it's just a little bit of trimming on the cowl to trim, and it should slip right on!

Here's a 57 on a DS....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kastle Carts 034.jpg (507.0 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
IF... the body was designed for a DS, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem,
there's lots of them out there, and from what I understand, it's just a little bit of trimming on the cowl to trim, and it should slip right on!

Here's a 57 on a DS....

Thanks Lockman. That is a nice one. See how the front sticks out about a foot or so further than stock. Gotta be supported somehow. Yes will go on a stock DS. The back looks like it will be simple to fit.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I never looked to see how the front was supported at the bumper bracket,
but I'd guess that it wouldn't require welding... probably just a "bolt on" spacer of some sort!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Yep Lockman, I would think somebody makes that part. Would buy one if I could find it. If not, would love to see how others have done this. I feel like a kid with a new toy! LOL!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center