lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

Default V-glide question

I have a v-glide on a 94 that has been changed over using a resistor kit years ago. It is a 5k-0 set up. I’m currently trying to trouble shoot an issue with my solenoid clicking but nothing going to the motor. If I check the resistance where the wires from the v-glide go into the controller it is from 5.9k to 1.7. My question is is this enough to be causing a problem? It has worked previously for several years until some recent changes also what amount of current is usually used to read this resistance if I am asking that question correctly. If it is reading resistance something must be passing over it to see it correct?
scfd493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: V-glide question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfd493 View Post
I have a v-glide on a 94 that has been changed over using a resistor kit years ago. It is a 5k-0 set up. I’m currently trying to trouble shoot an issue with my solenoid clicking but nothing going to the motor. If I check the resistance where the wires from the v-glide go into the controller it is from 5.9k to 1.7. My question is is this enough to be causing a problem? It has worked previously for several years until some recent changes also what amount of current is usually used to read this resistance if I am asking that question correctly. If it is reading resistance something must be passing over it to see it correct?
A few things. What do you mean by changed resistor kit? Was the cart converted from resistor coils to sold state?

Most all (and every one I have ever seen) 1994 carts were 36 volt solid state with 0-5K v Glide.

What recent changes are you talking about?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

I have another thread I was getting no reply’s on so I started a new.

It had a speed kit put in it years ago was converted to solid state. Controller input is 5k to 0. The kit was for either 36v or 48v. Controller and motor specs are listed in another thread. When I hit the pedal all the solenoid does is click. I confirmed the solenoid is working. The last thing I just tested was running a jumper from the pack negative to m- on the controller. When I hit the pedal motor engaged. That was a suggestion to make sure the controller is working. So trying to figure out what to do from here. Oops last question was what was done recently. I changed batteries to 48v. Replaced the charging plug, forward reverse, and solenoid. Everything other than power to motor checks out
Old 10-18-2020, 10:27 AM   #4
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

When the cart was changed over to a controller the v-glide had a resistor kit put in it that came with the package. It ran fine on 36v. What I am curious about is this different for 48v?
Current resistor set-up
T9 to T8 1500 OHM resistor
T8 to T7 1500 OHM resistor
T7 to T6. 1000 OHM resistor
T6 to T5. 980 OHM resistor
T5 to T4. 400 OHM resistor
T4 to T3. 100 OHM resistor
T2 to T3. 0 OHM resistor

So my question is my motor seems fine my controller seems fine they are built for 48v. But all. Get is a clicking solenoid when I push the pedal. I feel like the problem has to be in the activation system the v glide not telling the controller to let the pixies run. But I’m not smart enough with this stuff to understand exactly how this portion works
My cart is a 94. But the resistor kit and input for controller is 5k to 0. So does that mean a MCORE 4 conversion would work? It says it will not work with pre mid 95 but is that based on them being 0-5k? Sorry I’m stumped
Old 10-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The resistor values are fine for either system, two questions:
1) How many wires total go to Your Vglide, 4 or 5?

2) What is the exact model number of the Controller you now have?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

4 wires
2 to T’s
2 to micro switch
There is on that goes from T-3 to the charging plug but I assume that doesn’t count

Logisystems 48v 470 amp input 5k-0
Old 10-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfd493 View Post
4 wires
2 to T’s
2 to micro switch
There is on that goes from T-3 to the charging plug but I assume that doesn’t count

Logisystems 48v 470 amp input 5k-0
Please clarify something as details are important.

If the VGlide has only 2 wires connected to the resistors, then it is a 2-wire rheostat 5k-0Ω throttle.

If it has 3 wires connected to the resistors (the 3rd wire goes to negative) then it is a 3-wire voltage divider throttle and the 5k-0Ω setting on the controller configuration does not apply.

Do You have any micro-switch doing reduced reverse speed?

What is the actual model number of the Controller?

Some controllers have the type of throttle encoded as part of the model number such as "51-42L500NNVS".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #8
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I could not find and exact model number just a serial number
LGA570068
Old 10-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #9
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

Only 2 wires on the resistor circuit
There are only 2 micro switches one in the vglide and on on the forward reverse

Sadly I don’t have a model number on the controller. This “speed kit” was put in the cart prior to me getting it. I was able to find the instructions from it and wiring diagrams. I see reducing speed in reverse
Old 10-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
scfd493
Not Yet Wild

The cart worked fine at 36v. I have changed it to 48v that is the only change the controller and motor can handle it from everything I read but this must have changed something in the activation circuit to stop it from letting juice to the motor

On a side note as I read I see talk of a diode between the small studs on the solenoid. Mine never had this. I throw this out only cause I am reaching for causes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car