lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post
Test Post Test your Sig, Avatar, or images here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #1991
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Random Pictures #2

Kind of like dominoes...
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #1992
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Free beers for any entertainment!!
Speaking of beers... good save!
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #1993
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #1994
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #1995
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Not the best video but you get the idea.

How to remove the Wrist pin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMhmMgbBuH0

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...97&postcount=5
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:37 PM   #1996
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO DCS txt won't go forward

The DCS controller defaults to forward and has to be told to do reverse.

The hockey puck F/R assembly has two microswitchs whose levers are pressed by protrusions on the circumference of the cam (hockey puck). One switch is "RUN" and the other is "REVERSE" . In Forward only the Run switch is closed and in Reverse both switches are closed.

Apparently, the Run switch closes when in Reverse, but not when in Forward. Maybe the cam is no rotating far enough when Forward is selected.

Attached are pictures of cam and switches in Forward, Neutral and Reverse.

------------
BTW: The F/R can be replaced with a DPDT (on-off-on) toggle switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forward.jpg (181.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg neutral.jpg (169.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reverse.jpg (172.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 09:59 AM   #1997
rib33024

Default 2004 Ezgo PDS Disk Brake Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
As most of us learn quickly, the stock brakes leave a bit to be desired. Perfect for their intended use but lacking with back seats, loads, big wheels or speed. Plus adjusting the cables constantly to have brakes at all is a PIA.
I had already bought the Ausco mechanical disc brake kit and used it for a few years. Though better than stock, same problems arose. Constant cable stretch. Plus I did hear a bit of drag occasionally and I hate that.

Attachment 124096

So I started doing a little research. Ezgo hubs run a 4x100mm bolt pattern. Turns out a few cars do or did too. I bought a pair of early Miata discs for 24 bucks each no core at the local auto parts. Funny thing is the wheel studs for the Ezgo are larger in diameter than the Miata's. Not a problem I just enlarged the holes to match the new hub.
I bought discs for the fronts. If I were to do it again I would purchase the rear discs as they are not vented (thick, heavy and not needed). Using the thinner discs would allow more caliper options too. Nice 4 pots from a motorcycle for example?
I looked on eBay for master cylinders. Though plenty of options I didn't want to fabricate everything if possible. I ran across an AP Racing pull type master cylinder. Odd unit I had never seen. They are used in pedal boxes and such. Typically used once in NASCAR applications and then sold for pennies on the dollar. IIRC I paid 50 bucks (450 new!). I do still see them and though and they work well but I am still looking for a more affordable option. However in its defense, the mounting used all stock parts in a different configuration. I did have to drill 1 hole right between the 2 holes where the stock brake cables were installed.

Attachment 124097

I tried to retain the spring in the thought it would retain the original parking brake. Neat thought but bleeding the brakes proved it put a constant tension on the system. Not what I wanted at all. I could probably adjust the tension out but it turns out it isn't needed. Less parts, less weight, faster acceleration, higher speeds and easier to stop No brainier then.

Attachment 124098

Here is the disc mounted. I do have a lathe and mill (actually a few) so I am able to do a few mods. The discs did require to ID of the hat to be opened ever so slightly to clear the Ezgo hub. The holes for the wheel studs also had to be enlarged but that was simple hand drill stepping up the right size. Here is the disc alone.

Attachment 124099

Attachment 124100

I then cruised the junk yard to find the suitable calipers or something I wanted to build brackets for. I originally went for front calipers. In hindsight I think the rear calipers would be better (usually single piston and smaller overall units) my thought is less pressure needed and plenty of pad contact area to work well in this app. I ended up buying some Hyundai Elantra calipers, bolts and stock flexible lines. That last part was the correct decision. As you can see my lines are mounted to the bottom of the shock bolts giving excellent support and protection plus it looks factory!
Old 11-18-2021, 07:50 AM   #1998
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent OBC Bypass

did you know you can post a link that starts the video at a specific time (after YouTube gets paid via ads of course)? ie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY0MqKoGBdM?t=90 starts it at 1:30 minute mark. When you click the "Share" button look at the bottom of the pop up window for a check box that says "Start at".

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: gif screen.gif (23.5 KB, 0 views)
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:44 AM   #1999
rib33024

$25 Windows 10 x64 OEM mode 1314 and DIY Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootstuff View Post
I'm hoping I can make this really simple and fully inclusive in one post. I did a lot of searching and there is so much conflicting information. Here is how I did it.

First, you have to get the parts.

You need a genuine FTDI chip usb to 5v TTL UART serial cable. I got mine on Amazon for $19.99. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also need a 4 pin Molex. I ordered the wrong one, but chopped it up and made it work. This will work - https://www.amazon.com/CPU-Power-Cab...ords=4+pin+ATX

To build the cable, connect USB ends as follows; black to pin 2, yellow to 3 and orange to 1. Pin 4 is not connected to anything, and the other colors from the USB end are also left unterminated. I hadn't planned on documenting, so this is the only picture of the unfinished cable. Forgive my soldering skills, they have not been the same since the brain tumor was removed.

You'll need to do some reprogramming of the FTDI chip which is why you need a genuine one. To do that, you need FT_Prog. You can get it HERE or google for yourself.

Plug in your cable and launch FT_Prog. Hit F5 and you should see some device information. Click on USB Device Descriptor and change the values as shown in the picture below.

Expand Hardware Specific and click on Invert RS232 Signals. Check the boxes for Invert TXD and Invert RXD as shown below.

Before you continue to the next step, if you don't have the Curtis 1309 USB drivers available, you will lose connection to this cable from FT_Prog because Windows will not have the drivers available for the vendor and device ID's were about to burn into the chip.

You can recover from this, but involves disabling driver signing and altering .inf files and I don't want to walk you through it, so don't ask.

In FT_Prog, hit CTRL-P or choose "Program" from the devices menu. If you unplug the cable and plug it back in, it will be a different device. If the drivers didn't install, manually install them and point Windows to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Curtis Instruments\1314-4402 PC Programming Station\1309 USB Driver"

The software that works for me is 1314-4401 Version 3.12 build 33 Update Patch 2. I found plenty of threads on where to get software, I'm pretty sure I got mine from here https://ev.forumchitchat.com/post/13...4105?&trail=25. It only works for me when I used COM4, so you may need to configure that in device manager. If COM4 isn't available, you may have to delete ghost COM ports in device manager. To do this, you'll need to choose "Show hidden devices" from the View menu in Device Manager.

Also, configure advanced port settings so the Latency Timer is set to 2ms.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #2000
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1984 EZGO Marathon muffler mounts

85 Marathon gas manual

Look at the 85 manual in post #22. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=105501&page=3

Pages E-9, H-8, and L-2 show the brackets that attach to the muffler. You will most likely have to make them, or find a donor cart.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Advertising Information / Forum Rules / Testing > Test Post