lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical harness arrived

Grady.....as scotty mentioned, all you need is a wiring harness for a 36v SERIES cart of your year model, if you tell them you are converting to 48v it can/will confuse them.........so many times the people at parts counters have NO IDEA what you are asking for, that only know the numbers in front of them on the screne. I DID the conversion you are doing....the ONLY difference between the 2 configirations is I used larger battery cables and the other high current cables.....thats it, and you know my set-up.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2021, 08:43 AM   #12
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Guys, I told them I need the OEM... they were the ones that suggested it, said they did not carry the OEM but they had made a different harness etc.

I'll try again today and see what they say if all I ask is that... tell them I want to make it stock lol

I am not trying to be argumentative... All I asked for was the OEM harness. They were the ones that went down the bunny hole and so, it is what I 'envisioned' based on their search and saying they did not carry the oem one any longer.

Hopefully, they will give me the part # of the OEM one and I can search just for that. The guy yesterday at EZGO could not even tell me that, and that was all I called and asked for.

R
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #13
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay.... some good news....

I got ahold of a guy named JR today at EZGO.

Now, like I suspected, I can make most the parts myself. The problem would be that the connections to "A" motor or "A" controller would require certain plugs.

I have the old harness. We igure the three aspects we need to find are the Starter cable... found.

Oh... I was getting the part # for the cable listed and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/EZGO-73191G01.../dp/B00KY0BE06

That is a DCS controller harness. It has everything the one I removed has, but I am not seeing those black ends.

This model came with the option to use a DCS setup. Now, that would change a couple things "down the line"...but it would be an option to keep the Series setup.

Anyway, they simply cannot see anything more than I can see on the diagrams. They were unable to tell what the pedal harness number is. They do not carry the entire "harness" or at least cannot tell if they do.

So, we figure we need to piecemeal it and got a few options for doing that.

That being said... I need to research the differences in DCS and/or whatever this one was set up as.

Luckily, I kept the old harness so I can reference the ends and see what all it does heh. If need be, now that I have it, I can order the individual ends and put it together myself.

Little closer.. but, a path forward.

Thanks! ;)

R

UPDATE: Just figured out the last piece to my puzzle. I see the rest of the wiring inside the pedal assembly. It is nothing more than push-on connectors. So, the only OEM aspects I cannot re-create myself are those two plugs in the picture below.. but I can order that cable.. as is seen in the other picture. Will have to piecemeal it.. but it is all doable. May even be able to get the DCS harness and simply use the wires that have the connectors I need... ;)

Sorry.. correction. I found the exact harness I have by comparing it to the part #s they gave me and photos vs what I have.. wire for wire. It is in 3 parts.. heh.. but, will work.. and no DCS etc heh ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4144.jpg (82.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4145.jpg (106.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F143740674.jpg (32.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #14
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, sorry for all the updates, but figured someone else may run into this sometime.. lol

So, here is what we came up with, based on the old harness and the fact they do not carry "a harness" for this model.. however... I was not crazy.. lol.. they had just as much trouble reading the diagrams as I did :P

So, I still have the Pedal wiring harness, so will be re-using that. No need to get a new one when it should work fine...i.e. I did not cut it lol. If I have to, I can get a new one, but THAT one is a tough one to locate unless I was DCS.

So, I needed a control wiring harness. The key here was the 4 wires going to the unique plug... and then a sort of "pig-tail" setup on the 4-prong sticking out. On the DCS model.. that 4-prong is all the way at the other end of the harness, but on mine, it is about 6-8" down the line. So, found that one here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then the starter... would be easy to recreate however.. this was not expensive:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, those three wires get me where I need to be to keep it original....and should be here by Monday.

I'll start with that and then see what else was needed. Should be able to update with a full list of parts if someone else has to re-wire an older ELEC TXT.

Thanks for the patience guys!

Now, gotta go put the refrigerator back in my boat and swap the LED bulbs and replace the jack for the trailer so daddy can go catch some Mahi tomorrow! lol

R
Old 01-15-2021, 10:08 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Grady you continue to make this hard on yourself unless you are just determined to stay a series cart.. The harness you purchased will plug directly into an Alltrax xct400 txt48 controller. After that you need a sepex motor and solenoid. Other than heavy cables, dpdt switch and a few small wires you have everything you need to put it together. Charger and receptacle you already knew. Just saying
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:34 AM   #16
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With all due respect, I am not making this hard. I did exactly this, I asked the EZGO people for a replacement harness, OEM. They were the ones that suggested something else because they did not carry the OEM. Then, when double checking what I was told, I got all sorts of "go this route" etc. "go Sepex... get this controller etc"...and then I ordered this harness, scroll up, "You got the wrong thing"...

Then, just as here, everyone has an idea how I should make this work, a perfect example... again.. seriously not trying to offend you or anyone else... you all say "that is too hard.. you should do this..."

This is after I am told the harness I got would not work unless I got "x, Y, or Z" and now, I went to the trouble of locating what I needed as well.

So, I kept chasing everyone else's suggestion until I finally said, "you know what? Let me get the old harness and set it down beside me and do a picture comparison and see if I can locate all the wires I need."... which I did.

So, I really seriously do appreciate all the help, but I am going to go with an exact fit because there is no way to make everyone happy and use all the different configurations and permutations of suggestions because someone will end up saying exactly this... heh

I have ordered a duplicate of what was installed into this TXT and when it gets here, then I will be back in the same boat of a standard upgrade.

IMO.. it does not get easier than that.

Thanks.

Russ
Old 01-15-2021, 10:50 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

None taken. Just trying to help. Series setup is a little more complicated but okay. If you are looking to go series and you are going alltrax SR you really don’t need the harness. Just make your own using spade and lug terminals. The electric fnr contactor is different but here is a link to the Alltrax series wiring diagram

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...T-Wire-Dia.pdf

Edit: just make sure to order the controller with the 4 spade lugs, not the 5 pin.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:58 AM   #18
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
None taken. Just trying to help. Series setup is a little more complicated but okay. If you are looking to go series and you are going alltrax SR you really don’t need the harness. Just make your own using spade and lug terminals. The electric fnr contactor is different but here is a link to the Alltrax series wiring diagram

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...T-Wire-Dia.pdf
You are totally right. The only issue I had was 3 connectors.. the pedal 4-prong, which I still have (thank God I did not cut that one lol)... and the 2 connectors on the main harness. Those are a 4-prong pin and a... well, it is like a 6-prong, but they only use 4 of them. The rest would have been easy to make. So, trying to keep it right.. I got the harness.

Then... the cart will be a simple upgrade.

I seriously love researching and talking shop. My problem is... I think out loud in a forum.. lol.. and it confuses people. I am a tech guy so type 500000 words a second lol.

Needless to say, the people at the EZGO place were super helpful, but they were at a loss as well as it is an older system. Keeping the old wires helped, added to the list of possible part numbers the tech helped me with, we were able to find exact matches.

So, once this is in, I can go with Scotty's setup as follows (slight mod.. heh)

Alltrax SR48600 (I figured.. why not...heh)
That is with the 400amp solenoid, and the 2G cables, and the SW202 FNR switch
AMD 7126 motor
and then all the other bells and whistles
plus one of the Veego upgrades of Scotty's

Once I am 100% sure the wiring harness is in, next week, and will fit... I will order the controller.. heh (I have to order the motor the following month or momma may go WHAT?!...lol)

R
Old 01-15-2021, 11:15 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well the sad part is you might end up cutting off the 5 pin plug on the harness and changing it to spades. The 4 pin molex can be replaced as well. The original harness you ordered is the harness used in the 2010+ 48txt and had all the wires and connections for that. The main reason I was suggesting that route is it would have been the harness, controller, solenoid, switch, motor and wires and the main part is plug and play. What you have designed will be a solid platform and a good setup just a little more complicated.

Welcome to the madness
Old 01-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #20
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Well the sad part is you might end up cutting off the 5 pin plug on the harness and changing it to spades. The 4 pin molex can be replaced as well. The original harness you ordered is the harness used in the 2010+ 48txt and had all the wires and connections for that. The main reason I was suggesting that route is it would have been the harness, controller, solenoid, switch, motor and wires and the main part is plug and play. What you have designed will be a solid platform and a good setup just a little more complicated.

Welcome to the madness
Again, you are correct on all counts lol. The only aspect that makes this easier is now.. if I need assistance, I can just say, "I have a 96 elec txt with 36v.." so they will know exactly what harness I have and all that. The confusion comes in if I modify anything that is not OEM. If I can say it is "as it came from the factory".. well, then adding something will be a simple process of using what comes in a standard kit.

If, however, I have a 1996 elec txt... and it has a 2014+ 48txt wiring harness, then I have to start explaining all this and that.

This makes it a lot easier in that aspect... doing what everyone else with a 96 TXT electric does ;)

As for madness.. I am married.. 54yrs old... with an 11yr old son and 13yr old daughter.. and a boat...and now a golf cart... Madness is the norm :P

Russ
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO