lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
Studhauler
Not Yet Wild

Default 1972 Cushman Truckster

Hello everyone,

Here is my project, a 1972 Cushman Truckster. It came with a 36 volt system and miss matched batteries. I am putting six 8 volts in for a 48 volt system. I know nothing about golf carts (yet) but am mechanical inclined and have a knowledge of electricity. The motor tag has it as a 48 volt motor. Do you suppose it was a 48 volt system to begin with? What issues might arise from the increased voltage?
Studhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2021, 07:44 PM   #2
Studhauler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1972 Cushman Truckster

How do I post a picture?
Studhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:42 PM   #3
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

For posting photos see: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/faq....b3_attachments

If it is a 1972 model, I believe it would have been 36 volts out of the factory.

If you have a model number, look it up in the attached Cushman guide and you may be able to find some more information on it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cushman Identification No 17.pdf (5.29 MB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:22 PM   #4
samsonx
Not Yet Wild

Being a 1972 cart I would expect this to have a resistor based speed controller - have you been able to confirm this? If it is the impact of 48V vs 36V should only affect the motor as the resistive elements and wiring would not be affected but this voltage difference. Given you state that the motor has 48V on the badge I would expect no issues; other than increased speed!
samsonx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48 volts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts