lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #1
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Question about Jakes vs AllSports long travel

2013 Club Car Precedent.

As I understand, the Jakes Long Travel kit is adjustable for height? So I can raise or lower the front end as I want?

What about the AllSports lift kit?

Seems to me, and I'm just looking at photos, that the AllSports kit is a bit heavier duty. Do I have that right or am I mistaken?

What are the differences between these two kits?

Thank you!
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Question about Jakes vs AllSports long travel

Yes, the Jakes LT has multiple mounting points for the upper shock mount, which allows you to change the ride height. The rear would not be adjustable.

Heavy duty? Not sure what you mean.

Either kit will work well on a golf cart that sees golf course duty, yard work, campground, or on road driving.

Off road? Depends on the severity of the terrain and who is driving, but either kit will handle basic mild off road use.

I can speak from experience, the Jakes LT handles really nice and has a nice soft ride and a good turning radius. They work well in most conditions but the shocks fade and bottom out on aggressive atv type trails. Swapping the coil overs to a set from an atv would solve that issue.

I've never used the All Sports kit. It looks nice though.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #3
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Yes, the Jakes LT has multiple mounting points for the upper shock mount, which allows you to change the ride height. The rear would not be adjustable.

Heavy duty? Not sure what you mean.

Either kit will work well on a golf cart that sees golf course duty, yard work, campground, or on road driving.

Off road? Depends on the severity of the terrain and who is driving, but either kit will handle basic mild off road use.

I can speak from experience, the Jakes LT handles really nice and has a nice soft ride and a good turning radius. They work well in most conditions but the shocks fade and bottom out on aggressive atv type trails. Swapping the coil overs to a set from an atv would solve that issue.

I've never used the All Sports kit. It looks nice though.
Thanks! I'm hoping for more responses from others. I'm about to order a set of Carlisle at489's (23x10x12), a lift kit, and some wheels..

Obviously, I'm still undecided on the lift kit. The back order wait time doesn't bother me.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #4
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
Thanks! I'm hoping for more responses from others. I'm about to order a set of Carlisle at489's (23x10x12), a lift kit, and some wheels..

Obviously, I'm still undecided on the lift kit. The back order wait time doesn't bother me.
My CC/P has an AllSports 6" Lift installed in 2014, (not LT) it rides / handles fine w/1-4 adults, cart cruises at 23, 25-26 downhill, very tight turning radius, no rubbing.
3 leaf double U-Bolt Springs in the rear.

AllSports is Designed & Manufactured right here in Pensacola, FLA

AllSports makes the OEM Lift Kits for Club Car.

My next Lift Kit will be an AllSports unless I build a real hot rod and find a need for Front Disc Brakes, then I might consider the Jake's.

My usage is all pavement at the beach.
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
I'm about to order a set of Carlisle at489's (23x10x12), .
Never had a LT lift so no comment, but something less than a 12" wide tire in front will steer better.
(from experience) I have 8 wide on front of my workhorse 11.5 on the txt... 11.5 both backs.

V V
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #6
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Never had a LT lift so no comment, but something less than a 12" wide tire in front will steer better.
(from experience) I have 8 wide on front of my workhorse 11.5 on the txt... 11.5 both backs.

V V
The 489's I'm going to buy are listed as 23 tall x 10 wide x 12 rim, but they're really 9.5 wide so I think I'm good.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:19 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:

Those are fantastic tires! I had them on my cart for years and years.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:06 PM   #9
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Those are fantastic tires! I had them on my cart for years and years.
How'd they do on the grass? I'm a bit worried about tearing up the lawn but if I buy a less aggressive tire, then I'll be worried about getting stuck in the sand and muddy parts.
I figure the lawn will regrow and I'm not one of these "perfect grass" types anyhow. But one thing I don't want to do is have to walk home to get the farm tractor to tow it out.

Still undecided on the jakes or allsports... not getting as much input as I was hoping for.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:11 AM   #10
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
How'd they do on the grass? I'm a bit worried about tearing up the lawn but if I buy a less aggressive tire, then I'll be worried about getting stuck in the sand and muddy parts.
I figure the lawn will regrow and I'm not one of these "perfect grass" types anyhow. But one thing I don't want to do is have to walk home to get the farm tractor to tow it out.

Still undecided on the jakes or allsports... not getting as much input as I was hoping for.
I've driven my cart around my house and property for years with no damage. If the ground is saturated, like in the spring, any tire will leave marks, but most of the year my ground is firm so no issues there. If you want to peel grass you will lol, but if you're just putting around those tires will be just fine.

In contrast, I tried out some mud tires recently and absolutely hate them. They were used so the price was right, I like the tall size, but they are too aggressive. They do tear the grass up just a bit. They have more of a hard rubber edge on the tread blocks, they cut like a knife in soft soil. They work great for mud, terrible for hard surfaces. The 489's worked much better.

The photos below show both tires on my cart. I prefer the 489's and would recommend them to anyone who wants a tire that will "do it all". The tires in the third pic are the All Trails (I think), more of an "all terrain golf cart tire" rather than an atv tire. They do ok on everything except mud and snow, they pack up too much and spin. They ride good on hard surfaces though. The owner of the cart picked those out. I've used those tires before on an Ezgo I built years ago.

I've used the Jakes LT before. Good solid kit. It's designed very similarly to a sport atv suspension and works really well off road. It softens the ride up quite a bit, makes driving a cart off road much more enjoyable. Some have complained about the shocks, but I've never seen or heard anything negative from the ones I've built. I've also used the Jake's double a arm, Jakes standard a arm lift, All Sports a arm lift, All Sports drop axle lift, of various different builds. I've attached a photo of one of the carts I built with the Jakes LT.

As you can see, my camo cart is a Yamaha G1. I originally started with a Jakes 6" a arm kit. It was terrible, had a bad camber angle that I couldn't resolve with different shocks. Jakes doesn't make an LT kit for the G1, so I had to make my own LT suspension from an atv. It handles fantastic! I'm a huge fan of long travel atv type suspensions, and the Jakes LT kits ride and handle as good as the one I built. I'm a fan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1 lift 2.jpg (108.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg hunting cart viking shocks 2.jpg (518.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Todds G9 05.jpg (492.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts