lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Allied, Roypow or different.

I want to go lithium to get the most miles out of my cart in between charges. My cart is street legal but we are limited to how far from home we can go and I'm about over it.
So anyway... My brain is about to explode from reading thread after thread for the last few days on which way I should go for lithium.
The cart is a 2006 CC Precedent, stock other than a lift.
Which brand plug and play would be the easiest to set in without having to add, delete or by-pass any other parts for my application?
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
anpgator
Getting Wild

Default Re: Allied, Roypow or different.

Stock controller? You should be able to get at least 25 miles with a 105ah RoyPow if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:47 PM   #3
Naples Native
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anpgator View Post
Stock controller? You should be able to get at least 25 miles with a 105ah RoyPow if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, stock controller. Would I be able to get even more range updating the controller?
Naples Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:50 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Controller does not have much impact on range unless it turns down the performance by limiting max current. Other range extender is regen braking if you controller does that.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:20 AM   #5
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Out of all the options currently on the market, I believe RoyPow is the front runner. That said, I'm not convinced the quality and long-term reliability is proven yet for the cost.

That's coming from my current perspective that I don't max out the range of batteries in my application. I place most value in longevity of the pack for the cost.

If you have an instant desire for longer range, the cost may be worth it to you.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

For a plug and play solution with maximum range, I would suggest that you look into the RoyPow S51160 (51v, 160 AH, 8.2 kwh) which has an advertised range of 60-70 miles on a stock cart. (The old advertised range on this battery was 90-100 miles!) We haven't found anyone to drive on the street and report back actual mileage but you should get close to that on a mostly stock cart at 15-18 mph. It simply runs forever just to use 1 bar of charge on the SOC meter.

Also, the range is highly dependent on speed and driving style. (i.e. the faster you travel, the less range you'll have and you will go much further with stop and go (with Regen of course) driving as opposed to flat out, non-stop high speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Native View Post
I want to go lithium to get the most miles out of my cart in between charges. My cart is street legal but we are limited to how far from home we can go and I'm about over it.
So anyway... My brain is about to explode from reading thread after thread for the last few days on which way I should go for lithium.
The cart is a 2006 CC Precedent, stock other than a lift.
Which brand plug and play would be the easiest to set in without having to add, delete or by-pass any other parts for my application?
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:27 AM   #7
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with you. I am running a RoyPow in my personal cart. There are a number of reasons why I believe RoyPow will be the main player in this market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
Out of all the options currently on the market, I believe RoyPow is the front runner. That said, I'm not convinced the quality and long-term reliability is proven yet for the cost.

That's coming from my current perspective that I don't max out the range of batteries in my application. I place most value in longevity of the pack for the cost.

If you have an instant desire for longer range, the cost may be worth it to you.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
It simply runs forever just to use 1 bar of charge on the SOC meter.
you need to update your SOC meter , bar style are unreliable
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #9
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
I agree with you. I am a dealer for several of the lithium options and I am running a RoyPow in my personal cart. There are a number of reasons why I believe RoyPow will be the main player in this market.
Glad I've been deciphering it somewhat accurately.

I'm an engineer by trade, and I analyze the crap out of every potential purchase. Heck, it took me two weeks to decide on a power tool...

Again, I think for some applications, the RoyPow makes sense today. I just don't believe mine is one of those. We'll see how far I can stretch my Duracells and what's available when their time is up.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:37 AM   #10
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
you need to update your SOC meter , bar style are unreliable
The 'bar' style SOC meter I am referring to is the SOC meter that comes with and plugs into the RoyPow BMS port. I also have a live voltmeter as well...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium