lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #61
MJStealth
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stealth 4x4 parts

It goes, but voltages seem to drop quickly after a charge and it’s super slow on hills. It has the Quick Charge onboard charger on it and it won’t complete its charging cycle. Just gets hung up somewhere in the 35-45% complete phase and both batteries and charger get pretty hot. Not completely sure on range yet but it went long enough for us to play around for a bit with my 5 person family on it driving around a quarter section of land. So a few miles at least.
MJStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #62
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

That's what happened to me. My OB charger finally died. Since I was looking at $350-$500 for charger and my batteries were about 3 years old, I went ahead and got the 105ah Roypow. Best thing I ever did. Rides like a different buggie. If you are going to buy a decent charger ($400) and new batteries ($1,600), you can get a Rowpow for about $2,200 (includes the charger and BMS) and you will love it. No more watering, charge from almost dead takes about 4-5 hrs (FLA took 12 hrs), charge lasts about 30 to 40 miles for me (was about 15-20), 95#'s compared to 400#'s of weight, I measured 24mph on paved flat road (was about 19) and the zip it has is very noticably better (not sure if weight difference or just the constant voltage output). FLA batteries rated 350-500 charge cycles (most last 3-6 years with deminishing capacity if taken care of), Lithium rated for 3500 cycles (15 years). Has 5 year warranty. For me it was a no brainer after I sold some beer cans to get the money
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:30 PM   #63
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Brad did you catch this post by Purple Frog https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=143371&page=2 .

He has no reverse either. Sure do wish RB would let us know if he got his fixed. Might be the same thing Purple Frog has going on.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #64
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

MJstealth, per your PM to me...Here is picture of how I enclosed and mounted the Roypow pak. I turned the battery trays upside down to be flush with bottom. Cut plywood to fit bottom and screwed down. Attached Roypow to it. Had to take back seat off to get to screw down in back (PIA, had to use my phone to see screw head). Then used Gorilla tape around places to keep dirt/water from blowing up into compartment. Also keep a piece of plastic drapped across top in case I get caught out in rain and water drips down around seat. Hope this helps.
IMG_1579.jpg
Old 12-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #65
MJStealth
Not Yet Wild

That definitely helps. Thanks. Sorry for the obvious question here, but I guess I hadn’t considered the environment for the RoyPow compared to the existing batteries. I would have just dropped it in the hole and tried to hold it down somehow. Do they require a dirt and water free environment?
MJStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #66
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

No, they are sealed pretty good. After spending that much on them,I just wanted to make sure.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #67
rileybrandon
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys. I was going to replace all older cables to see if that is my problem but broke my hand Thanksgiving day. In the meantime after I began reversing charges on original purchase from "Stealth 4x4 Parts" Gary informed me that part had shipped. By the end of the day I saw that the money was back in my account. I assumed that the funds had been removed from Sunoco's account so he instructed(through multiple emails) me to immediately go to the Stealth 4x4 site and just make another purchase for the part so I did . Two days later I received a letter from my bank stating that THEY had provisionally replaced the funds into my account until investigation had been done. I emailed Sunoco and informed him that I had actually double paid and of course he hasnt responded to my email . My bank informed me today that he and his bank has refused my first reversal since I did receive the part so now I am having to do this all over again on the second charge. I needed this money to buy my son's Christmas and he will not return it. I do not recommend ANYONE buying parts from him. You have no idea how pissed off I am.
rileybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #68
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry you're going through all these troubles. Your hand will heal and this financial setback will be fixed in due time. You are what is important to your son, not the presents that will soon be forgotten. Remember that getting mad is only hurting you. High blood pressure and stressing out about things will put you in an early grave. Keep in mind the reason for the season.

Keep us updated.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:05 AM   #69
rileybrandon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyroman View Post
Sorry you're going through all these troubles. Your hand will heal and this financial setback will be fixed in due time. You are what is important to your son, not the presents that will soon be forgotten. Remember that getting mad is only hurting you. High blood pressure and stressing out about things will put you in an early grave. Keep in mind the reason for the season.[emoji106]

Keep us updated.
Good advice. Thanks. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
rileybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #70
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Riley, Did you get your problem solved with the cart? And keep us posted about the credits... Merry Christmas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts