lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #51
RobotObsession17
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gyroscopic drink holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Thank you for the compliment. They are unique I spend a lot of time on them. I enjoy the project and then eventually sell them to fund the next one.

I am not sure what you call these twist things I am attaching in the photo but I picture your drink holder somehow attached to a universal U type bracket almost like a slightly larger three sides of a square roof support. The bracket hugs around the roof support and then these two things are twisted in until tight. So if the roof support as larger they would be tightened in less or if it was smaller you would tighten them more. This way there is no drilling involved. You pull it out screw the two screws in and hold your drink. I may be totally off base with this idea as I am more of a details guy not so much a 3D printer and fabricator like this but who knows!
Thanks golf cart man, that's a really good idea. I wonder if those are considered a knurled nut, I dunno. The less invasive version that doesn't penetrate the roof strut might make a lot of sense as an option.

I can't imagine the time spent on a complete overhaul like your carts. Something like that would take me years.
RobotObsession17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2020, 07:29 AM   #52
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is one I found
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1B0A4393-3360-4877-B41D-D446D3A41BEE.jpeg (113.7 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:42 AM   #53
RobotObsession17
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Here is one I found
Thanks kgsc, that is not what I thought you meant, I had it backward LOL...so I appreciate the pic. It appears that nut is compressing from the outside, yet takes up little room. I now understand your idea...brilliant.
RobotObsession17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #54
Volfan60
Not Yet Wild

I just found this thread and am following.Great Idea! I would love to buy one any new updates on the progress?
Volfan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:06 PM   #55
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Nice idea but been around a while.
I remember having similar on family ski boat
I think that was 60 or 61?
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center