lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 08:35 AM   #171
middlesb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Roypow Lithium Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
My 105ah has been plenty enough and I use it in the woods(mud, hills, etc). Runs 24 mph on the road,
Quick question are you happy with your 105ah, this is what’ve and looking into, it sounds as if it is doing everything you ask of it
middlesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #172
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Very happy. No more battery maintainance, get much better performance & distance, only takes 4-5 hours to charge from almost dead (compared to 10-12 hours).
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #173
Juju
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Did anyone put the 105ah S51105P into a DS by modification to the frame? It seems like a good choice for the power /run time /speed but don't see how it could fit horizontally without modification to middle frame. ...and Vertically would require removing body.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #174
keithf
Not Yet Wild

This is a 105P in a Carryall - I believe it is a similar frame to a DS. I did not have to cut anything - it fits between the frame rails. Happy holidays!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8771.jpg (143.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8772.jpg (119.4 KB, 0 views)
keithf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:50 AM   #175
middlesb
Not Yet Wild

I pulled the trigger on a Roypower 105ah, It was shipped to me. I am in the Savannah GA area and not a close dealer, it went in a 2001 ezgo txt converted to 48v via Altrax controller and a rocker F/R switch(thanks carts unlimited)I had some issues at first, the SOC did not illuminate after plugging it into the battery, also the battery on/off switch does not work, from the time I took the battery out of the box the battery had power at the terminals and was reading 22.2v, contacted the dealer, I am stil in the process of figuring out the problem and hopefully getting a replacement when they get back in stock, I charged the battery based on there recommendation, when charging the SOC illuminated and has stayed on showing the level of the battery, even when charging the main switch does not illuminate as the instructions noted, also of note for those out there I had the original rectangle charge receptacle and the new charger came with the newer delta Q type so I am having to deal with that, once I can get the battery operating as it should I will be happy, obviously at this point I am waiting on someone else, with the cart on jack stands the battery appears to function normally, to include some laps around the neighborhood, I also have a carts unlimited digital battery meter installed and it has been reading 53.1. More to follow on the saga of the customer, a dealer and the manufacture, hoping to hear something after the new year
middlesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:59 AM   #176
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesb View Post
I pulled the trigger on a Roypower 105ah, It was shipped to me. I am in the Savannah GA area and not a close dealer, it went in a 2001 ezgo txt converted to 48v via Altrax controller and a rocker F/R switch(thanks carts unlimited)I had some issues at first, the SOC did not illuminate after plugging it into the battery, also the battery on/off switch does not work, from the time I took the battery out of the box the battery had power at the terminals and was reading 22.2v, contacted the dealer, I am stil in the process of figuring out the problem and hopefully getting a replacement when they get back in stock, I charged the battery based on there recommendation, when charging the SOC illuminated and has stayed on showing the level of the battery, even when charging the main switch does not illuminate as the instructions noted, also of note for those out there I had the original rectangle charge receptacle and the new charger came with the newer delta Q type so I am having to deal with that, once I can get the battery operating as it should I will be happy, obviously at this point I am waiting on someone else, with the cart on jack stands the battery appears to function normally, to include some laps around the neighborhood, I also have a carts unlimited digital battery meter installed and it has been reading 53.1. More to follow on the saga of the customer, a dealer and the manufacture, hoping to hear something after the new year
I'm sure you are aware that you have to push and hold (around 3 seconds) the power switch, but throwing that out there just in case. Mine is like that anyway, newer ones could be instant - not sure. SOC meter will not illuminate with power "off".

53.1v is a little low for full charge, but is close. My 105ah would read 53.4 full on a Fluke meter, so your meter may be accurate or could also be +/- .25 or so.

Good luck with it.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:19 PM   #177
Ezgomaui
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Really thinking about buying the 105ah rowpow lithium batteries. Dealer told me if my cart goes over 25 mph that the cart will shut off. Is this true?
Ezgomaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #178
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Don't know why, 48 volts is 48 volts. Cart doesn't know if they are coming from FLA or Lithium.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #179
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgomaui View Post
Really thinking about buying the 105ah rowpow lithium batteries. Dealer told me if my cart goes over 25 mph that the cart will shut off. Is this true?
I don't know the exact answer for 100% but there is no way for the pack to tell speed. Only way it could shut off would have to do with output not speed.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:19 PM   #180
Ezgomaui
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok yah thats what they meant. The output is too much. How do we solve this problem?
Ezgomaui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium