lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #61
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Kubota D782 swap

Should do the trick.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2019, 08:54 AM   #62
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Well, I had hoped to have the cart done by the time it started getting cold, I failed.
I don't have an enclosed shop, so I have to wait for random days of warm to work on it.

All that's really left is to put a fuel tank or fuel cell of some sort on there, and run all of the wiring.

I'll update more as I am able.
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #63
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodDogGod View Post
Well, I had hoped to have the cart done by the time it started getting cold, I failed.
I don't have an enclosed shop, so I have to wait for random days of warm to work on it.
I just checked the weather in your area for the next 10 days.. You have NO excuse to stop work. Except for painting, any day above freezing, and you are out of the wind, is "go" time.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #64
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I just checked the weather in your area for the next 10 days.. You have NO excuse to stop work. Except for painting, any day above freezing, and you are out of the wind, is "go" time.
Life shuts down in these parts if it gets below 60*. Meanwhile, folks visiting from up where you’re from walk around in shorts and t-shirts laughing at us!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #65
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am starting to realize this. Makes one wonder how you guys and gals get anything done down south. 100 fahrenheit plus for 4+/- months then all productivity stops when it drops to 60f? That only leaves a couple of weeks, no? Unfortunately a dairy/livestock farm here dictates $#it gets done most every day,,,
Old 11-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #66
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I am starting to realize this. Makes one wonder how you guys and gals get anything done down south. 100 fahrenheit plus for 4+/- months then all productivity stops when it drops to 60f? That only leaves a couple of weeks, no? Unfortunately a dairy/livestock farm here dictates $#it gets done most every day,,,
hahaha yea for sure. 100+ degrees, my body is used to these temps and I work all summer long which is roughly 6+ months out of the year, end of April to (sometimes) late October.
We run a horse boarding facility here in Decatur for roping/barrel horses and we run cattle in several of our pastures. Trust me when I say, no matter the weather, I have to be outside working. s##t does have to get done, no matter what. Owning property and having animals is a full time job!

Issue is, these tasks over rule hobbies, i.e. my cart project. Well, that and money!
Cash is king, sometimes, more than often, my cash has been spoken for long before I am aware!
Old 11-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #67
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

On a side note, anyone have any good ideas for a fuel tank?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #68
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Perhaps if you showed a picture of your intended location for a fuel tank, we might come up with something. Also, have you thought of just making one to fit it's "address"? That way you can use all the available real estate. I'd just scrounge up some 1/8 plate. Form/bend and weld up a tank then weld in the fittings, any mounting tabs, and filler neck. You could even cut/drill a hole for a fuel gauge if you want. Rinse it out good before you mount it and you are good to go!
Old 11-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #69
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

I see small aluminum racing cells for sale sometimes. Check out small fuel tanks for boats. I’m using a 12 gallon aluminum tank from a bass boat, but I believe they make smaller ones. Check listings in the coastal areas, be a good excuse to go catch some reds and trout while picking up a fuel tank. Lol.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #70
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

As you probably well know, old tractors have all kinds of different styles of small tanks. Any agriculture junk yards by you? Maybe a small boneyard behind the local John Deere house? Or the local Vermeer repair shop possibly, a little tank off a ditcher or something may work for you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps