lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #1501
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller - signal idle levels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonx View Post
Ok, good to know - I am using 1314 v4.2.2 and cannot get a connection. I am scoping the inverted TTL and see a response from the controller (but a handful of bits) but connection always fails. Do you know if I would need an older version of the software too? I have also seen mention of needing change the PID/VID values of the FTDI via FT_prog? Is that needed and what are the 'correct' values?

Appreciate the help!
Go back in this thread and copy/save the EEPROM code for the Curtis programmed FTDI chip that I provided. Follow my instructions on how to use FT_prog to write the entire EEPROM. Then on how to set up the chip for use. That allows the PID/VID of the chip to be written, along with the electronic serial number! That is the only way to write to the sections of the EEPROM that cannot be accessed in any other way. If done correctly, you will have an effective clone that can be used...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2021, 08:36 PM   #1502
samsonx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Thanks Bob, tried flashing hex directly with issues - eeprom not the same size for some reason. In the end just changed, VID/PID, windows driver (1309 inf), inverted signals and added the registry key.

Homebrew cable and 1314 V4.2.2 working with clone 1204M!

Thanks so much for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satfrx View Post
I don't know how fast Bob will reply because he said he did not follow the tread.
I do follow the tread.

You need a cable, breakoutboard or any programming device that uses an origial FT232R chip.

Change VID to 1FA1 and PID 00C8 and invert RX and TX lines with FT-prog.

Install any 4.6.x version of 1314-4402 and it will work.

Using the right gegistru key will get you out off user mode info OEM

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Curtis Instruments \ 1314 V4 \ Settings]
"IAL" = "v1ìD"
(note it is ì and not i, ASCII 141)

If you use all the data you quoted you do not yet have RX and TX data lines inverted yet. (So need 7414 or 7404 chip to invert)
If you do use that data however you do not need to add the registry value.

I mistakenly wrote I was not able to record the changes in the registry when using 4.6.7 version it does however seem to work properly when you add the key.
Even with older versions of the 4.6 version.
samsonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:54 PM   #1503
Riggsrvx
Not Yet Wild

Hey bob
How could I get with you to reprogram my curtuis 235am controller for 2017 Rvx. I’ve heard nothing but good things from you?
Thank you
Riggsrvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #1504
Abrow04
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone program a Curtis 1236 AC controller? Located in Charleston,SC
Abrow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:53 PM   #1505
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

I cant seem to get the software to open? it just seemes to running in the background. Any idea what im doing wrong?Im using curtis.ch/patches/oem/1314-PCPS_OEM_4-6-10-470_setup.exe. I have a new alienware computer with windows 10 i think
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:23 PM   #1506
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

May have to run it as administrator on your system. Mine installed on 10 with no problem..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:26 PM   #1507
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
May have to run it as administrator on your system. Mine installed on 10 with no problem..
Not all Windows 10 installations can run it. Keep in mind, it needs to be run with it isolated from an internet connection.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:22 PM   #1508
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

The library screen flashes, then i see it minimized on the tool bar, I tried connecting it while on the controller and internet off. I did download a link that someone gave me on here so i can get into factory mode. I tried to uninstall and reinstall because i think it started whern i added the link. Still nothing, Ive been trying to get this little bus operation going for months lol, Im a failure, is there a patch or a way i can delete completely and reinstall the correct program?
Old 02-17-2021, 09:36 PM   #1509
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

update...

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to be working! Ill go plug it in to see what happens!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01754 View Post
The library screen flashes, then i see it minimized on the tool bar, I tried connecting it while on the controller and internet off. I did download a link that someone gave me on here so i can get into factory mode. I tried to uninstall and reinstall because i think it started whern i added the link. Still nothing, Ive been trying to get this little bus operation going for months lol, Im a failure, is there a patch or a way i can delete completely and reinstall the correct program?
Old 02-17-2021, 09:58 PM   #1510
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

update, yes another update. The file that was shared with me worked. I now see factory mode on the bottom of the screen and can see all kinds of parameters i never seen before

great news ... it connected. the information displayed, but i couldn't see any parameters and i was stuck in user mode. keep in mind i rented a hand held and even in oem mode, I could only get into a could parameters. i will need to get into factory mode. I guess ill need to be carful not to lose parameters . I really just need a little more speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts