lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #11
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Darned holes in plastic golf cart bodies!!!

CP,

You have a very good thing going !!

I will admit to using the very same process, a small change.....

I saved a few pieces of a junk body, using shears, cut them into thin strips.

Using your "spot welding" technique, and the strips as "filler", have made some pretty significant repairs (especially on the cracks that occur around where the seat bottom sits.)

Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to make a great detailed post !!

TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2019, 06:35 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Glad to hear that!

A junk body is perfect, I use abs because I have a TON of it.

You can also shave/trim chunks from an inconspicuous place... under the seat, behind bumper, behind headlights (save the chunks you cut when you INSTALL a light kit...)

Zip ties work great too. They melt super easy and flow into voids. I do this for bigger spots, or especially parts of the body that are more likely to flex. Plastic flexes with the body. Bondo spot putty doesn't... be careful how much putty you use.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have not personally done this but I have watched some videos on you tube on fixing plastic bumpers on cars and ATV's. In one, they used pieces of wire screen and cut and bent it to contour the part. They melted the back side of the repair area with heat and pressed the screen into it, The metal makes the repair much stronger and less likely to flex and break. They finished the front with flex filler. I know I have bought some of the stuff. Specially designed to repair flexible bumpers and body parts. Where your crack is makes me think it needs some reinforcement to prevent it from just cracking out again. If you attempt it, I would research and try the wire reinforcement trick. Of course if a better body is available, that would be my first choice/
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center