lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
Kneil
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo polaris sportsman build

Hi everyone, I used to be a member here but can't remember my info so I am starting a new account, I have my 1991 ez go with a yamaha 433 cc sled motor. It's been built for almost 10 years. And has been setting for the last 6 or so in its prime it was fun but never had reverse, I always wanted to build this cart but never got around to it I've had ninja zx6r motor and even a single cylinder yanmar I wanted to swap but never started any of them. I recently got a 2009 Polaris sportsman 300 to fix and make some money but it is just way to far gone,every bushing,bearing is gone. Needs stator. Axles etc... so here I am cutting it up.i want to use the front and rear on the cart with a Polaris trailboss 325 motor powering it all. My trailboss I got new in 99 but it needs a lot as well so it's donating the motor to this project. Here are some pics so far,I just started today and it will take some time but I'll try to document the whole thing here,let me no what you guys think. Good or bad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0071.jpg (199.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0078.jpg (206.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0072.jpg (223.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0073.jpg (244.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0075.jpg (226.5 KB, 0 views)
Kneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #2
old_yamaha
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo polaris sportsman build

nice! Looks like a hell of a good idea to me.
old_yamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:48 AM   #3
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice 2 donor carts, are you planning on hooking the 4x4 up in the front, it will make one hell of a snow plow, that's if you get much snow in your area..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #4
Kneil
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it is going to be push button 4x4. I get enough snow to need the plow but the way the weathers been the last few years I may not. I'm in Pennsylvania
Old 08-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
Minnesota_Duane
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My unfinished ATV front swap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (273.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 029 (2).jpg (334.7 KB, 0 views)
Minnesota_Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #6
Kneil
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Made some progress today along way to go yet but I have every evening to work on it wile I have long days of light left
Old 08-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

get as much done before the cold hits, I did my original swap in the winter, froze my a$$ off
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #8
Kneil
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm back to square one already. Lol my original plan to mount the front end to the cart was an ok design but I came up with something better. I'll get some pictures as soon as it's welded up,I want to plow snow with the cart this winter and use it for hunting and just weekend play toy I have trails close to house to play on so it will get used once a day at least even if it's just to run to the store up the street,I live in a very small town lol
Old 08-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #9
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Are you using the Polaris independent rear suspension?

I've had a lot of problems out of my Honda 350 rear with looseing left rear bearings. Thinking about rear IS out of a Rhino.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #10
Drgyver
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Kneil did u ever finish this build? I just came across a Sportsman 500 rolling chassis and was thinking of using the front end to give my Ezgo Workhorse 4wd Mostly wondering how you did the front driveshaft? Jackshaft to get power to other side? I want to keep my rear end and HF motor. Thanks..
Drgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps