lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Terra Toys

Ok guys, i have been looking on this forum for information on the terra toys lift. I have a 2004 EZGO txt electric, I was wondering what tire sizes this lift will take and if anybody would know, the ground clearance i would get from the bottom of the belly, right in the middle between the seat and the pedals, to the ground. I know that would change depending on tire sizes too and thats why I asked what tire sizes it would take.

thanks and sorry for the questions, its just hard finding info on this thing

Last edited by BlackHornet; 02-11-2009 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: more info
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
crinvick
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Terra Toys

i dont know about the terra toys kit but here is some pics of the strech kit for a 2004 txt ezgo we usally run 23x10x12 tires with 12" wheels with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08787.jpg (64.2 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08779.jpg (78.7 KB, 306 views)
crinvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know if Terra Toys is still producing the A - Arm kits? I have tried to contact them for my business to carry their suspension numerous times and no one has ever called me! Now, with the strech kits, you can use up to a 25" tire, as long as you get the newer style front shocks and adjust them about 1/4" stiffer than stock. Of course, to go that tall, you will have to modify the rear lift to accomodate...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

hmmm ok. I went to terra toys' website and they still have the part number for my year cart, but i also dont know how updated their site is. The rear lift are just blocks right? so to "modify" them I would just need to weld a smaller block on top of the original lift block to make the whole block bigger, right? The only thing I don't like about the strech is that I hear that it limits my steering because of the newer style steering that EZGO uses. So with the newer style shocks for the strech, how much do those cost extra?
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

MikesMotortoys, you seem to know a lot about the stretch since you deal with them very often. Is there a stretch, lift kit for the Yamaha Drive, on their website, their is one for the G-22, which has the same chassis. When I emailed them, they say it doesn't exist?
ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHornet View Post
hmmm ok. I went to terra toys' website and they still have the part number for my year cart, but i also dont know how updated their site is. The rear lift are just blocks right? so to "modify" them I would just need to weld a smaller block on top of the original lift block to make the whole block bigger, right? The only thing I don't like about the strech is that I hear that it limits my steering because of the newer style steering that EZGO uses. So with the newer style shocks for the strech, how much do those cost extra?
I prefer the Jake's lift for new style steering on EZGO's only because of the tighter steering radius. HOWEVER - The stock shocks are junk (Jake's will even tell you that). When we use that lift, we modify the shock tower to stiffen it and use Progressive coil overs. If you need a true long travel, then go with Strech and just live with the lack of tight turning.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

MikesMotortoys, and anyone else, Stretch emailed me back and said that the G-22 Front Long travel never went into production because there was no demand. MikesMotorToys, how are the shocks on the Allsports, they seem nicer than the Jakes?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
crinvick
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

sorry but we haven't made any long travel kits for yamaha g-22 or drive yet

we here at strech haven't made any plans to do one yet
crinvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads245 View Post
MikesMotortoys, you seem to know a lot about the stretch since you deal with them very often. Is there a stretch, lift kit for the drive, on their website, their is one for the G-22, which has the same chassis. When I emailed them, they say it doesn't exist?
Welcome to Yamaha ownership Unfortunately, Yamaha changes their design so much that aftermarket companies have less options for Yamaha carts. They are not a popular model in our area (no reason, it's just a Club Car / EZGO region), so I do not deal much in Yamaha parts. Since the Yamaha already has coil over front suspension, I would suggest going with a GOOD spindle lift from Jake's...

Old 02-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #10
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the info Crinvick and MikesMotorToys, but how does the Allsports compare. I would like a long travel for my Yamaha Drive, Allsports has one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts