lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default I am a nerd but check this out. Motor acceleration with gears.

I won't bore you with the formulas etc. But I found a way to get your motor acceleration based on your motor torque your gears and tire/wheel combo.

now this isn't going to give you a 0-60 ground speed. It is just going to show you why your cart might take you so long to get to top speed using 25" tires or why it feels like you hit top speed in 50' using stock gears.

If you use a 18", 6# tire on an 8" wheel ( believe this is about what a stock cart uses) on a 48v ac system using 6:1 gears you will make it to the 6000 rpm max in 3.96 seconds (estimated)

Using the same system with 19.5" 9# tires on a 10" wheel (M/T JR drag slicks) you will make the 6000 rpm max in 7.35 seconds.

if you bump that up to 8:1 gears you are talking 2.97 and 5.51 respectively.

that system makes 80lbs of torque through about 800 rpms.

but if you take the dyno from the 84v system that makes about 100lbs of torque through 1800 rpms

turns the same combos at 1.75 and 3.25.

right now i am trying to translate these times and power charts into actually driving times etc.

just thought this was neat.

i can plug in any dyno numbers and tire/wheel combos if I know the weight of the tire and wheel.

cheers
Nick
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!