lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
Chads2600
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Theft alarm for cart

I have been researching ways to protect my investment. I have considered gps tracker which will report its location once a day ($5 per month) or up to every 2 minutes ($25 per month). They also have an option to sense movement and alert through text when the cart is moved. This option is about $100 plus monthly fees.

Second option would be a motorcycle 2 way alarm. I would only use the shock sensor to alert the remote. That way when we are camping I can leave the remote bedside and it would vibrate and make noise if the cart is tampered with.

Am I over reacting? It might be on my mind due to my truck recently being broke into. It is a $8k investment that is not insured. It would be heartbreaking to lose it. Does anyone have any experience with either of these options? Thanks for your .02!
Chads2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Theft alarm for cart

Maybe install a hidden switch you have to engage in order for your ignition to fire?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Uncommon barrel style keys , hidden kill switches and steering wheel locks seem to be the popular choices . I would never go as far as paying a monthly fee for tracking but thats me . Mine lives outside all the time, I have a barrel key and a kill switch that gets used all the time . I do have a steering wheel Club that I use if im done overnight.

Why dont you have insurance ?

Is now open

Click Swan's Pick'em
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
Chads2600
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Swan, I am getting a an uncommon key set for the new cart. I did look into getting insurance through progressive. The agent said I needed a vin number in order to get insurance. I explained that carts do not come with vin # only serial #. She wasnt having it. Any suggestions on providers? How much am I looking at per year? Is it pretty common to carry insurance on the cart? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe you can respond with the serial # when asked for a vehicle identification number (VIN) after all that is exactly what the unique serial # is.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
mpr3369
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 3/8" steel cable I run through the steering wheel and around a wheel and either go around a tree if there is one or go around the axle of the toyhauler.
mpr3369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I have insurance on mine with Statefarm it can run $30.00 a year to $30.00 a month all depends on the coverage you want . A lot of the campgrounds require a liability coverage to drive around . You should be able to add it to your homeowners to , just a thought.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax XCT speed controllers can be programmed to a standstill in one mode. A simple toggle or keyed switch is all that is needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #9
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

State Farm Insurance $60/yr
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #10
Chads2600
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyAbear View Post
State Farm Insurance $60/yr
Thanks I will look into it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car